Allow renaming of media folders amonst other things.

by on ‎11-23-2011 10:49 AM

Having a few issues with the set up of my new WDTV. It's getting to the point where it's heading to the spare room!

Anyways here are a few ideas relating to media folders.

1) Ability to rename media folders.

Currently we had Games, Videos, Photos, etc. Could we have the ability to rename the folder e.g. Movies, TV, etc

2) Improved handling of shares.

it's being posted elsewhere so i'm not the only one. Can the SMB share set up be updated so that NAS users don't have a Video folder containing unwanted shares e.g. my Video folder has photo and music shares from my NAS!? Why!

3) Ability to select scraper based on share/folder

Select share/folder, hit options, select appropriate scraper for that share/folder would be ok.

I could go on, but it'll probably turn nasty, haha. I'm not totally happy with this 'thing'.....

Comments
by on ‎01-15-2012 04:02 AM

I would add to it even the possibility to rename files in the video section (network share via smb) I mean, currently you can only rename files from the Files section by pressing the option button, I think it would great if you could rename video (I use to rename episode video after whatched to mark as watched in my XBMC) I see that if you press option button in the video section you have the possibility to move, delete but rename isn't available and since it use the same interface used into Files section I think it easier to add the rename option in the Video section. 

by Moderator on ‎09-27-2013 03:27 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Announcements
Please click on News and Announcements for the latest announcements.

For a list of our Idea Exchanges, please click here.

Idea Statuses explained here.
Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD