Ability to block Content Info Collection on specific folders

by on ‎11-12-2011 08:34 AM

I would like to see a capability, that if a specific file is present in a folder, that the WD will *NOT* attempt to scrape content info for it.

If I could just put a file in that folder with a name like "noindex"  then that'd be the clue to the WD to *not* attempt to scrape the metadata for any file in that folder, or any subfolders of that folder.

For example, I have a folder dedicated to home movies, and the WD insists on scraping metadata for it, often with disastrous or hilarious results.

Such as my file "1998 Carribean Cruise.mpg"  got scraped as "1998 Superbowl" or something like that, with a football helmet as the thumbnail.  :smileyhappy:

I don't have the time to generate 500 custom XML files for all these files.

Idea submitted for voting.
Comments
by on ‎11-12-2011 05:08 PM

It'd be nice if it also provided the ability to specify what scraper to use.  The way it is now it requires you to use the same scraper for all movies.

by on ‎12-13-2011 09:22 AM

Hello,
On my external drive are my dvd  copies and my private home vids.   I'd also like to have this option... A  possibillity to tag a folder with the option:  do not scan the content of this folder.

Normally when I use Filter -> All,  all video-files from the extenal drive will shown in the media libary... and in a view only with blockbuster-movie-covers, I have always the private-home-videos with NO COVER.

I hope I have expressed myself understood. :smileyhappy:

by on ‎11-24-2012 09:07 PM
Android uses ".nomedia" 0-byte files in such folders to skip media scanning.
by Moderator on ‎09-25-2013 10:53 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Idea submitted for voting.
Announcements
Please click on News and Announcements for the latest announcements.

For a list of our Idea Exchanges, please click here.

Idea Statuses explained here.
Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD