Why the downgrade to 1.03.10 is not recommended?

Hi.

Where i can get the 1.03.10 firmware for WDTV live Streaming??

Thanks.

comodus00 wrote:

Hi.

Where i can get the 1.03.10 firmware for WDTV live Streaming??

Thanks.

The link is “unlisted”, but still alive:

http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/Rollback_wdtvlivegen3_1_3_10.zip

Official downgrade web page:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center-or-wd-tv-live

No stutter ??  Firmware 1.03.10 here I come…

Thank you for the Link location to 1.03.10… I just got the unit last week and was playing fine. I ignore the update until today and all when to “H.e.l.l”.

All better now that i’m back to original firmware.

Thank you.

Because it new revision of the SMP “-01” (P / N: WDBGXT0000NBK-01, P / N: WDBHG70000NBK-01) appeared after the release of firmware 1.3.10 and could not be tested on it.

I did the downgrade, it worked fine, 3 things I noticed are: it appears as 2.03.10 in the “New firmware detected” screen. When you do the downgrade, it will show 1.03.10 but still detect 2.03.10 on your usb key. I think the problem is the .ver file. Second, the accuweather app doesn’t let me chose Ottawa, ON as my city. Third, which is the worse of all, is that I can’t see any of my NTFS (Windows 7) shares. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks!

It’s not a problem with the ver file, it’s the only way to trick the SMP into accepting it as a newer firmware despite being an older one.

hp9000 wrote:
I did the downgrade, it worked fine, 3 things I noticed are: it appears as 2.03.10 in the “New firmware detected” screen. When you do the downgrade, it will show 1.03.10 but still detect 2.03.10 on your usb key. I think the problem is the .ver file. Second, the accuweather app doesn’t let me chose Ottawa, ON as my city. Third, which is the worse of all, is that I can’t see any of my NTFS (Windows 7) shares. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks!

I did not do downgrade due to the fact that I have a model WDBGXT0000NBK-01.

Please report on what model of SMP you do a downgrading.

PS: Number of the model and revision is located at the bottom of the device.

Hello,

i dared the downgrade today and everything went fine. My smp live model is WDBGXT0000NBK-01.

I used the short guide from “Zwarpoot” on the first page of this thread. 

WDBHG70000NBK-01

It’s not a problem with the ver file, it’s the only way to trick the SMP into accepting it as a newer firmware despite being an older one.

Never thought of that, good idea!

Thank you for your answers.
I want to do a rollback for another reason.
This problem is described in detail here:
http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Intention-to-finalize-a-rear-USB-port-issue/m-p/392589

The downgrade worked perfectly for me.

Can you see your windows shares? I only have 2 options: samba and nfs. I used to have a Windows option with 1.07.15.

hp9000 wrote:

Can you see your windows shares? I only have 2 options: samba and nfs. I used to have a Windows option with 1.07.15.

Samba is the same thing as Windows Shares.   Just a different word they changed.

I figured as much, but for some reason I had to take the WDtv out of the workgroup and make it join again before it could see the shares. Weird. Anyway, I’ll see if the .vob stuttering continues and report back.

I’m sad to report that the .vob stuttering is still happenning. To a lesser extent, but still there.

Also with ISO?

I haven’t tried an ISO, if I have time I’ll do it tonight or tomorrow. But still, this shouldn’t be happening. I have a router that kicks butt (asus rt-n56u) less than 15 feet away from the WDTV and the computer where I have my movies is connected to the router with a cable, at 1Gbps. It’s definitely not a bandwith issue or the router being too far away.

I can’t see the shares anymore now. This is getting really irritating.