WIFI detected but does not accept password

thinking of  returning my wd tv live since the main reason I purchased it was for its wireless capability. Unfortunately I can’t seem to connect wirelessly inspite of the wd tv detecting my network/wifi. I’ve tried the auto and manual option. restarted the unit 100 times…uploaded the latest firmward (thru usb) and still it comes up with the “unable to detect” error. I called the WD Australia support number and they dont have an answer either. Please help!

I have this issue as well. I reported that the last firmware update killed by wireless. After forum advice I rolled back my firmware to 1.06.04 butI still have the problem so it’s quiet frustrating!

It did connect to my wireless at one time and worked fine up until I upgraded my firmware. But it has not for the last month even after the rollback:-(

As you describe it detects the network but does not accept the password. A netbook/phone placed beside it has no problem connecting.

Have you tried using a very simple password without special chars to see if it makes a difference?

I had same problems. Try a simple passoword and lowering the router security settings to WPA instead of WPA2. That gets me connected (most of the time…sigh… :frowning: ). Try resetting the router…

Router was reset to  many times to remember. :crying_cat_face: The password has always contained onbly numbers. Very frustrating that you only can connect by changing your router security, I won’t be trying that.

boardtc wrote:

Router was reset to  many times to remember. :crying_cat_face: The password has always contained onbly numbers. Very frustrating that you only can connect by changing your router security, I won’t be trying that.

If you are not prepared to try different things then you will forever be frustrated.

First of all you could see if you can connect without any security. (Just as a test)

You could then try WPA (as a test)

You could also try a different password containing letters and numbers (as a test)

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if this will offer a fix or not, I have come across an issue with some devices where if the wireless channel is set very high, above 10 for example, some items will not connect.

I found that keeping the wireless channel to 1-5 everything connects nicely.

Something that has caught me out before is MAC address filtering in the security settings on my router.

If you have that enabled, might be worth adding the WDTV wifi adapter’s MAC to the safe list.  Remember, the WDTV has 2 MAC addresses: network adapter and wifi adapter.  Make sure you add the right one (or both!).