Special Release - Firmware Version 1.07.18 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (4/4/12)

I think it’s our right to complain…really several things to fix and the latest is just to fix problem related to

MLB.TV??? How useful is to have a mini update? I prefer to wait more time for a real firmware upgrade than a small and unuseful (for the 90 % of the non-baseball fan) mini upgrade…and problems go on and on and on and on…

2 Likes

How do I explain to my wife why this box is still not working so that she can operate it?

I’m still stuck at FW 1.04… because of the tunein radio. In newer firmware it wil not play tranceFm.

This is already reported, but is not solved yet.

Please concentrate on these things in stead of zome incapable user wo has a odd way of converting his dvds to an mkv or something…

Maxrock70 wrote:

I think it’s our right to complain…really several things to fix and the latest is just to fix problem related to

MLB.TV??? How useful is to have a mini update? I prefer to wait more time for a real firmware upgrade than a small and unuseful (for the 90 % of the non-baseball fan) mini upgrade…and problems go on and on and on and on…

I see where you’re coming from but also from where WD is coming from too.
First Baseball just started and it’s arguably the most watched sport in America.
when you think about it fixing this one thing that effects everyone instead of some bugs that only effect some people, its a no brainer to relase a small update with a regular one coming soon.
Also NEW customers who don’t have a way to watch MLB.tv on their TV can purchase the SMP and know it works.

yes I know you’ll say thats dumb and they should fix other issues first cause we bought it but hey, they already have our money.
MLB.tv fixed will add more customers, that equals more money.

I for one think the SMP is amazing cause I’ve had zero issues with it even after upgrading the FW and I know you guys hate hearing that but for me it’s the truth.

I guess in the end WD will never please everyone.

So issues with commercial apps can be fixed in a couple of days while major video/audio issues (which is the main purpose of the wdplayer) takes weeks/month to solve if solved at all.  I can tell you that this is the first and last mediaplayer from WD I’ve bought. The next mediaplayer I buy will be one of a brand that keeps flowless playing of any video/audio media first priority.

4 Likes

Ursamajor wrote:

How do I explain to my wife why this box is still not working so that she can operate it?

I’m still stuck at FW 1.04… because of the tunein radio. In newer firmware it wil not play tranceFm.

This is already reported, but is not solved yet.

Please concentrate on these things in stead of zome incapable user wo has a odd way of converting his dvds to an mkv or something…

How about you think about other people too… To claim that your issue is more important is just arrogant and lame to be honest.

Bill_S wrote:

WD is happy to announce this special firmware update for the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player. This release deals specifically with the MLB Playback issues.   We are currently working on another update to address many of the issues encountered in the last firmware release. 

Do you people actually read the posts?

This release relates to a specific issue…and clearly states they are working on other issues!

Yes I suffer from problems from the current firmware…but geez give them a break!

Pretty clear that this release is related to a specific issue!

2 Likes

Zwaarpoot wrote:

The next mediaplayer I buy will be one of a brand that keeps flowless playing of any video/audio media first priority.

Keep us informed when you find one. From what I’ve read, even devices costing twice as much (or more) are riddled with bugs that aren’t getting fixed much quicker either.

1 Like

This is not the only forum where people complain about bugs that remain unsolved.

TuneIn radio is just one of the many basic streaming apps which has a bug. Toghether with all the remaining bugs they put more apps in which also have bugs.

So I think that is just arrogant of WD. And to get more money from people who buy this device does not bring more programmers to fix all these bugs and testers tot test all the functionality.

Ursamajor wrote:

This is not the only forum where people complain about bugs that remain unsolved.

Exactly! this one sentance also applys to companys other than WD, some of which make Media Players that are more expesive & or have more bugs…

I have yet to run into a single issue with my wdtv streaming media player.  I play all my videos via usb hdd and it’s flawless with everything I’ve thrown at it :stuck_out_tongue:

It is disappointing finding a minor update affecting only a specific issue when there are still a lot of unsolved bugs. It would be acceptable having at least a prediction of list of problems to be addressed with the next firmware release. I don’t ask to know the release time, I suggest to give us an idea of  the work in progress

I’ve never seen a comapny that promised a firmware on a certain date or with a list of future fixes.

But if you look around on the forum, you’ll see that WD has several people active on this forum and they have suggested the next firmware will be addressing the rebooting, Netflix losing login, and Bad sorting TV shows for starters.

They have also said to expect this update in mid-April so I would say in the next week or so.

2 Likes

Well…

The bottom line here on this update is that the issue was with MLB.TV

They corrected it and submited it to WDTV to roll out…

WD had very little to do with anything surrounding this update other than making it available…

So…  Now…  WD… When the heck are you going to roll out new firmware to fix all these major issues???  Why can’t you react as fast as MLB.TV did on their issue?

Lego

1 Like

A new version is expected for mid-April (which means any day now), according to the episode sorting bug discussion, and it is supposed to take care of a few other things.

What could be reasonably expected from a 1.07.15 → 1.07.18 update? It was clear right from the name and the description that the firmware would only address very few things. That doesn’t mean that WD wasn’t already busy working on a 1.08.xx or a 1.09.xx.

The difficult thing with fixing bugs is that a correction can reveal another issue in another part of the code, that didn’t need to be addressed before the other bug was fixed, and the new issue can be actually worse. The MLB problems were however a very delimited part of the firmware and a bugfix could be released as a stopgap measure on a maintainance release.

Lucky I checked this forum.  Was going to buy to get Netflix.  Looks like WD has lost it’s way - 10 years ago, they were way faster in sorting out bugs.

Hi

WD TV Live Streaming Media Player : DTS ,Dolby Digital ?

Bluray MKV

this not support Audio Pass-Through: DTS, DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD MA,Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD

comming this formats wiht nexts firmware for Pass Through ?

WD TV Live Streaming Media Player : support for 2TB hard dısk ,dısk loadıng is so long 

1 tb loadın in sc 2 tb dısk loadıng 3min 5 min

Firmware Version 1.07.18 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (4/4/12) android WD TV LİVE SOFTWARE NOT WORKİNG ? 

For iPhone also. Sometimes yes but generally don’t.

Boxee.

hit everything I can throw at it ( pun intended with this BS MLB fix)

Due to the new release today, we are closing this thread.