Special Release - Firmware Version 1.07.18 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (4/4/12)

Maxrock70 wrote:

I think it’s our right to complain…really several things to fix and the latest is just to fix problem related to

MLB.TV??? How useful is to have a mini update? I prefer to wait more time for a real firmware upgrade than a small and unuseful (for the 90 % of the non-baseball fan) mini upgrade…and problems go on and on and on and on…

I see where you’re coming from but also from where WD is coming from too.
First Baseball just started and it’s arguably the most watched sport in America.
when you think about it fixing this one thing that effects everyone instead of some bugs that only effect some people, its a no brainer to relase a small update with a regular one coming soon.
Also NEW customers who don’t have a way to watch MLB.tv on their TV can purchase the SMP and know it works.

yes I know you’ll say thats dumb and they should fix other issues first cause we bought it but hey, they already have our money.
MLB.tv fixed will add more customers, that equals more money.

I for one think the SMP is amazing cause I’ve had zero issues with it even after upgrading the FW and I know you guys hate hearing that but for me it’s the truth.

I guess in the end WD will never please everyone.