New Release - Firmware Version 1.12.14 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (10/29/12)

Please remember, that the developers have to put their focus on more important issues first. As no serious person will ever use a WD Media Player to watch movies (who wants to look at juddering VC-1 streams in MKV containers?), they certainly had to fix the Accuweather and Bild.de bugs before fixing anything else. Isn’t weather forecast and reading news the one and only reason, why we all bought the WDTV Live Streaming Media Player?

Hi Sotje,

personally I use WD TV to watch MKVs and AVIs, since my TV set playback is not as good as I want, plus consider that in some countries there aren’t all the live service WD TV is able to manage.

I purchased WD TV SMP because it has built-in wi-fi and a better CPU than its predecessor, also frankly speaking I don’t think that Accuweather is one of the most important features, since there are a lot of apps for smartphone working well with it and if I’m at home I don’t really care if outside is raining. :smiley:

P.S. Think the same is for DVB-T sticks support: not useful at all, except if it’s a test for new DVB-T2 standard.

1 Like