New Release - Firmware Version 1.08.17 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (5/7/12)

Looks like a lot of usefull playback fixes. I am still on original fw. It has a few quirks, but operational from my prospective. WD listened to users? Not sure yet…

General
UniqueID/String : 249755076608128344666601370999367696516 (0xBBE513FD10EBF52692102F11FCB08084)
Nombre completo : E:-= SERIES =-\The.Walking.Dead.S02E08\the.walking.dead.s02e08.720p.mkv
Formato : Matroska
Tamaño del archivo : 945MB
Duración : 40min.
Tasa de bits total : 3 246Kbps
Película : The.Walking.Dead.S02E08.720p
Fecha de codificación : UTC 2012-02-12 23:03:33
Aplicación de codifición : mkvmerge v4.8.0 (‘I Got The…’) creado el May 24 2011 03:12:58
Librería de codificación : libebml v1.2.0 + libmatroska v1.1.0

Video
ID : 1
Formato : AVC
Formato/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Formato del perfil : High@L4.1
Ajustes del formato, CABAC : Si
Ajustes del formato, RefFrames : 4marcos
Modo Muxing : Header stripping
ID Códec : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Tasa de bits : 3 022Kbps
Ancho : 1 280pixeles
Alto : 720pixeles
Relación de aspecto : 16:9
Velocidad de cuadro : 25,000fps
ColorSpace : YUV
ChromaSubsampling : 4:2:0
BitDepth/String : 8bits
Tipo de exploración : Progresivo
Bits/(Pixel*cuadro) : 0.131
Tamaño de pista : 879MB (93%)
Título : x264
Librería de codificación : x264 core 115 r2008 4c552d8
Opciones de codificación : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=8 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Idioma : Español

Audio
ID : 2
Formato : MPEG Audio
Formato de la versión : Version 1
Formato del perfil : Layer 2
Format_Settings_Mode : Joint stereo
Modo Muxing : Header stripping
ID Códec : A_MPEG/L2
ID Códec/Pista : MP2
Tipo de tasa de bits : Constante
Tasa de bits : 160Kbps
Canal(es) : 2canales
Velocidad de muestreo : 48,0KHz
Tamaño de pista : 46,6MB (5%)
Título : Spanish
Idioma : Español

My WDTV was working perfectly until I put this upgrade in. Now it won’t play any of my files.

This is absurd! Everytime you upgrade the firmware you brick my WDTV!

rckmnr wrote:

My WDTV was working perfectly until I put this upgrade in. Now it won’t play any of my files.

This is absurd! Everytime you upgrade the firmware you brick my WDTV!

• *That’s contradictory… If one’s WDTV is bricked, you’d not be able to upgrade it… ;). Have you reset it?

And again my question:

Has the “uncompressed PGS subs in MKV” bug finally been fixed with this firmware??

This is the *only* thing that keeps me from buying this player.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Uncompressed-normal-PGS-subtitles-not-working-in-MKV-files/idi-p/364109

Thanks in advance, S.

Melandryu wrote:

Autoframe still not working? i tested a tv show 720p and my tv show its going at 1080p 60hz…

Auto Framerate isn’t Auto resolution.

Your video info does show 25FPS though so i think maybe that’s why it’s pusing it to 30FPS then doubling it to 60. 1080p wont change however.

samtroy wrote:
Has the “uncompressed PGS subs in MKV” bug finally been fixed with this firmware?? 

Nope.

Another firmware update, another disappointment…:confounded:

Still not able to stream none of my shared movies (avi, xvid, mkv,…)  on my XP machine, despite being able to stream movie trailers in good quality at the touch of a button.   Sigh…

Reminds me a bit of the extreme slow file copying between XP and  the early Vista.  Maybe you guys could look in that direction…

I want my Deezer back…lol

I have a Galaxy S2 and the Allshare app has stopped working since last firmware update where it still finds my wd devices and attempts to play the file but buffers for extended time but doesnt send it to the unit.

I can still stream from windows media player to the wdtvsmp and Android released an OS update at the same time so I am not sure which update is causing this issue.

I updated both my wdtvsmp at same time so unable to check previous firmware unless I can do a rollback.

Anyone else using the ALLShare app had a problem recently?

Works fine for me (SGS2 with official ICS, no custom-rom).

Phoenix13G

Everything was working great until I did this update.
The player will not even find my shared computers on my network now. Have reset everything multiple times.

Is there some way to roll back the firmware on the player?

============================================================================================

Same problem here.  In order to get it to work, I unplug the unit for a minute, clear the network login, and reinput.  It is getting old having to do this.  I don’t mean to be a naysayer, but with every new release, problems to previously working features and functionality arise.  This and still not being able to watch DVD Folders due to stuttering.  Not happy, and I’ve owned the unit since Nov 2011.  If it wasn’t past the return date, I would return the unit and maybe repurchase once all these nagging problems were fixed.

Latest firmware causes Youtube Video not to show thumbnail previews.   Happens in Search.  in Favorites they appear.  , wish they would have tested it, anyone know how to restore a old image ?  Or even where I could download it ?

Trigger8 wrote:

Latest firmware causes Youtube Video not to show thumbnail previews.   Happens in Search.  in Favorites they appear.  , wish they would have tested it, anyone know how to restore a old image ?  Or even where I could download it ?

should be fixed soon…

Had major issues with DVD .iso playback (crashing about 90% of the play attempts.) Did a factory reset and it fired up first try, so I am cautiously optimistic. I did have some trouble getting it to find my share this time, but given a few attempts and letting it sit for a minute it did finally find it.

Also, would like to reiterate earlier posts about the “Live TV” thing in the menu. Please remove it.

Just to close up the issue I had with Allshare app on Samsung Galaxy S2 sharing to my wdtvsmp.

Seems Allshare creates alot of .tmp files and while searching for the reason why it took 10 mins for my phones file browser to load up I found this thread on Android forums.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/382241-4168-tmp-files-created-my-external-sd-card.html

Soon as I deleted the many many many hundred/thousand temp files on my phone the “stuck buffering” problem went away and it now plays to device in the normal 5-10 seconds.

Didn’t solve my issue with permanent reloading of the media library after rebooting the WDTV Live.

I am connected thru a 300MBit WLAN router to my HDD with my movies - every time I switch of the WDTV Live over night (completely switched off) and power it on again the next day or so, it takes several minutes or so to reload the media library.

Also loading thumbnails and infos takes ages.

I’ve got an empty 1 GB USB Stick also connected to the WDTV Live, why aren’t such infos not stored locally on the USB stick instead of loading them over WLAN?

Kind regards

oldman777 wrote:

Bill_S wrote:

oldman777 wrote:

Bill_S wrote:

For questions or sharing your experience, you can post in this thread.

I upgraded my WD TV live SMP to 1.08.17 and no change,the problem with rear USB port still remains.
When this bug will be fixed?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/SMP-refuses-to-play-1080p-files-from-the-HDD-USB-3-0-connected/idi-p/377519

Bill_S wrote:

As I think was said earlier, this could be a hardware problem.  I would contact support like you said you were doing.

I do not quite understand. This a hardware problem is only with my player?
And I can exchange it for another player who does not have problem with the rear port.
Or the same problem with the rear port is at all players, manufactured from December 2011 to the present day?
And I can not exchange it for another player who does not have this problem.

Dear Bill_S, Following your advice. I contacted  the WD support three weeks ago.
After exchanging courtesies and clarify some details,
I got the impression that my question started to be addressed.
After upgrade email support system, my question has changed registration number.
And today I discovered that the changed status of the issue. Now it is " CLOSED."
Explain, please, what does all this mean?

I’ll look into what happened. 

Due to the new release, I am closing this thread.