New Release - Firmware Version 1.08.17 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (5/7/12)

Techflaws wrote:

SHoTTa35 wrote:
I’ve been using 10.x and the resulting 255.0.0.0 subnet since forever

Resulting? What’s stopping you from using 10.x with a 255.255.255.0 netmask? I’ve been doing that since forever and of course it works.

No I am using 255.255.255.0 now - just that by default devices/servers (on Windows anyways) automatically insert the subnet of 255.0.0.0 whenever you setup the DHCP range of 10.x. I obviously don’t need such a large subnet as I have maybe 10 devices (phones, tablets, server, laptop, SmartTV and other smart devices) connected - maybe 20 when friends come over. :slight_smile:

TonyPh12345 - Thanks for the tip - as I said i’m not done with my networking stuff certs yet but I’m learning more and more all the time. I’m one of those “self taught” IT guys but i’m in school now to get full certified on Network+ and Cisco/MSCE/CA :slight_smile:

Ok i’ve derailed the topic enough! Back to your regular scheduled complaints! :stuck_out_tongue:

So far however liking the changes, didn’t actually use it much but from what I saw it’s looking good. I’ll be catching up on all my shows from last week till now so i’ll be watching lots of movies and tv shows this weekend. That’ll be it’s test to see how it’s working with this new build.