New Release - Firmware Version 1.08.17 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (5/7/12)

The WDTV appears to be doing an nmap or rpcinfo scan looking for NFS sources.

If you’re using a mask of 255.0.0.0, it has to test 16,581,372 possible addresses. :wink:

thx for adding video shuffle! :smiley:

I just went back to 1_07_18, match video framerate works fine with this firmware and I don’t have the youtube (no pictues of new video’s and back button not working) anymore, this update if really good for peopel who had a lot of problems, but 1_07_18 was perfect for me and I will stay with this "older " firmware and perhaps when a new one comes out I will try it.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

… when viewing VIDEOS tab, press the GREEN button, and change the “Filter” to “TV Shows.”

It will:

• Group by Series Name
  • Group by Season Number (though there’s still a sorting issue if there’s more than 9 seasons)
  • Sort by EPISODE NUMBER, regardless of the title or file name.

In my shared video folder I have a folder for movies and a folder for tv-shows. when I apply the filter for tv-shows, the movie folder dissappears, so that really isnt a good option.

Any feedback on why the sorting issue for TV shows has been marked as resolved, when it clearly hasn’t? And I do NOT want to filter by TV Show, because that is not a proper solution. That only only displays TV shows and removes my Movies folder. I don’t understand why it is so difficult for WD to add a trailing 0 to the title, when it is already used in the filename.

We’ve had to wait for over a year for them to finally “address” the problem, and now that it hasn’t been resolved, how much longer do we need to wait before they take the next small step that may or may not work?

1 Like

TonyPh12345 wrote:

If you’re using a mask of 255.0.0.0, it has to test 16,581,372 possible addresses. :wink:

Ahhh knew it had to be something “simple” :smiley: Just weird that it doesn’t do it on the 1.4.x build as I kept going back to that one. I guess that’s when the media thing for NAS drives came into play? The light on my WHS box would go crazy and so would the Xbox360 LAN LED :smiley:

I sorta figured it was doing network scan but left it for 2 days one time figuring it would settle but it never did. I guess 16 Million addresses as you say do take a while to scan :smiley:

SHoTTa35 wrote:
I’ve been using 10.x and the resulting 255.0.0.0 subnet since forever

Resulting? What’s stopping you from using 10.x with a 255.255.255.0 netmask? I’ve been doing that since forever and of course it works.

SHoTTa35 wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Ahhh knew it had to be something “simple” :smiley: Just weird that it doesn’t do it on the 1.4.x build as I kept going back to that one. I guess that’s when the media thing for NAS drives came into play? The light on my WHS box would go crazy and so would the Xbox360 LAN LED :smiley:

I sorta figured it was doing network scan but left it for 2 days one time figuring it would settle but it never did. I guess 16 Million addresses as you say do take a while to scan :smiley:

I can’t remember the versions that did certian things, but I do remember that early on, it wouldn’t scan for NFS sources until you actually tried to mount an NFS share.   But the problem with that approach is that the user had to wait a few minutes before they could pick the server.

But the way they’re doing it now, the scan is happening in the background, under the presumption that it’d be done by the time the user tries to get to the share.

Just guessing.

Techflaws wrote:

SHoTTa35 wrote:
I’ve been using 10.x and the resulting 255.0.0.0 subnet since forever

Resulting? What’s stopping you from using 10.x with a 255.255.255.0 netmask? I’ve been doing that since forever and of course it works.

No I am using 255.255.255.0 now - just that by default devices/servers (on Windows anyways) automatically insert the subnet of 255.0.0.0 whenever you setup the DHCP range of 10.x. I obviously don’t need such a large subnet as I have maybe 10 devices (phones, tablets, server, laptop, SmartTV and other smart devices) connected - maybe 20 when friends come over. :slight_smile:

TonyPh12345 - Thanks for the tip - as I said i’m not done with my networking stuff certs yet but I’m learning more and more all the time. I’m one of those “self taught” IT guys but i’m in school now to get full certified on Network+ and Cisco/MSCE/CA :slight_smile:

Ok i’ve derailed the topic enough! Back to your regular scheduled complaints! :stuck_out_tongue:

So far however liking the changes, didn’t actually use it much but from what I saw it’s looking good. I’ll be catching up on all my shows from last week till now so i’ll be watching lots of movies and tv shows this weekend. That’ll be it’s test to see how it’s working with this new build.

on my previous version the mkv format work… now i update and IT DOESN’T WORK! :confounded: 

why??? please tell me what to do to make it work again :frowning:

My video file spec (from VLC player)

Post the output of Mediainfo, VLC is not enough.

I’m in Canada and Deezer now has disappeared with this release. DEEZER IS AVAILABLE in Canada as of a few days ago so I want it back, please, ASAP.

After the update with the new Firmware the light on the device does not work anymore when it is ON. I tried to disconnect the power and reconnect it again. The light stays ON for just a few seconds.

Has somebody experienced the same problem?

It seems that I solved the problem with a factory reset.

Thank you

Gio

bohdank wrote:

I’m in Canada and Deezer now has disappeared with this release. DEEZER IS AVAILABLE in Canada as of a few days ago so I want it back, please, ASAP.

Did the Netflix app disappear too, or only Deezer?

Netflix is still there.

Huh.  It’s gone from my Hub, too.  Hmmm.

I wonder if it’s a Deezer change?

When I try to browse to it from my PC, I get this:

deezer.PNG

I’m in the US, btw…

Autoframe still not working? i tested a tv show 720p and my tv show its going at 1080p 60hz…

Updated this AM

Now device CANNOT detect any of my shared folders (only gives me /users as an option) where my media is housed on my network.  Worked flawlessly before.  Now, despite double-checking the settings, it is like the device went blind.

What is going on?

Thanks!

1 Like