New Release - Firmware Version 1.07.15 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (2/29/12)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

If you experience any issues with this firmware, please report them in the WD TV Live Streaming Issue Reporting exchange.

For questions or sharing your experience, you can post in this thread.

3 Likes

Still no fix for playing dvd video ts folders over a network? Unbelievable this so called streamer really is a waste of money!

Pleased there is a new firmware.

Looks like AAC via optical pass through is still broken.

Just installed new firmware. No iPlayer, no Netflix. Not happy!!!

Same problem for me, downloaded 1.07.15 and BBC iplayer has gone, Netflix is present on screen but not working.

You, guys, from the UK?

same here, iplayer and netflix gone…

yep, i’m in the uk…

From Ireland.

Purchased the unit last week which came with firmware a few months old… upgraded firmware which added several new services including Netflix and BBC iplayer.

From what I’ve read, there isn’t a firmware rollback option is there?

Yes and no. Living abroad at the moment but using a smart DNS service. Does the firmware update recognise territory, hence why these apps have disappeared?

montofk wrote:

From Ireland.

Purchased the unit last week which came with firmware a few months old… upgraded firmware which added several new services including Netflix and BBC iplayer.

From what I’ve read, there isn’t a firmware rollback option is there?

Sorry, you won’t get it.  Netflix and BBC player are only in the UK.  And, yes, there is a rollback.  Just go to the download page link I put in the first post to roll back.

Spotted Netflix in favourites and it does still work. But no iPlayer.

Netflix is most definitely here in Ireland. I’'m a signed up customer. Purchased the WDTV box as a neater solution to hooking up the laptop to the TV.

I was accessing BBC iplayer using the DNS workaround. 

Regarding the rollback, is this the page you’re referring to?

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5749

I only see the option to download the 1.07.15 firmware… Is the previous firmware available?

**bleep**?? I’m in central Europe, actually imported the US version so I could use Netfllix, Vudu etc. and now the US services are gone. Let’s see if the downgrade works and then I’ll play with my firewall and see if I can block something I don’t like… :angry:

@WD: This is not funny at all!!

“Yes and no. Living abroad at the moment but using a smart DNS service. Does the firmware update recognise territory, hence why these apps have disappeared?”

+1

“I only see the option to download the 1.07.15 firmware… Is the previous firmware available?”

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzMwNTU1MTc0L3NpZC9XZUJhR1hSaw%3D%3D

1 Like

Oddly enough when my WDTV SMP booted it says WDTV LIve HUB after that second boot image comes up.

All services are now based on geolocation, and are specific to the region you are in.  If you’re in central Europe, you won’t get US or UK Netflixs. 

montofk, you are correct.  You should be getting Netflix in Ireland.  All of you, before running off the deepend, you can reset the device back to factory defaults (without resetting your services).  And I would also recommend resetting your connection to the router and make sure you are on your network and accessing the internet.   

Finally, keep in mind that Netflix in the UK is only available on the WD TV Live Streaming player.  Just in case, someone with a hub is reading this.

[edit]

Also, if you move back into a region that supports Netflix on the device, it should automatically pick up the service and add it to you list of services you will need to reset the device to factory defaults in order for it to pick up Netflix in that region.

1 Like

Steggl wrote:

**bleep**?? I’m in central Europe, actually imported the US version so I could use Netfllix, Vudu etc. and now the US services are gone. Let’s see if the downgrade works and then I’ll play with my firewall and see if I can block something I don’t like… :angry:

@WD: This is not funny at all!!

Sorry, that will be the case for you.

Rolling back to 1.6.4 brought my services back. It looks as if the update was reversible.