New Release - Firmware Version 1.07.15 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (2/29/12)

When would we expect exFAT comptibility fpr the device? 

1 Like

I seldom say this about anyone’s opinion, but this one strikes me as among the best…> * * *
Moor208 wrote:

There are more important issues on the SMP that should be fixed before your so called “top ten”.

That’s about the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Who’s to say, then, what those more important issues are?   According to you, it’s not the users…

http://community.wdc.com/t5/ideas/v1/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/streaming_issues/tab/most-kudoed

Now using the 1.07 firmware for a few days:

The 2 issues that annoyed me the most are still annoying me!

1. Every few days, starting a video freezes in the fist few seconds and player brings up message “a fatal error has occurred and player must reboot…”  These are with standard xvid avi files and after the reboot (and media library recompile) the same video generally works fine.

2. Bad sorting with TV shows (ep 2-9 listed after ep 10).  Some have said the issue is with the TVDB but regardless, it can’t be that difficult for WD to tweak the way the xml’s are generated to add the appropriate zero.

I haven’t had any problems with services disappearing or Netflix credentials missing as reported by others in this thread.

Seems like you have an opinion on everything. [Deleted], then I would not have to power cycle my SMP after every movie. And, yea… thats more inportant then adding services.  

Moor208 wrote:

Seems like you have an opinion on everything. If WD would get their head out of their butts, then I would not have to power cycle my SMP after every movie. And, yea… thats more inportant then adding services.  

Thats what a community forum is all about! Don’t forget that not everybody has to power cycle their player after every movie and so your particular problem may be quite low in WD’s priority.

Moor208 wrote:

Seems like you have an opinion on everything. If WD would get their head out of their butts, then I would not have to power cycle my SMP after every movie. And, yea… thats more inportant then adding services.  

Of course I have an opinion on everything.    Everyone has an opinion.

That’s what the Issues Reporting Exchange is about…

Have you filed, or searched for the issue you’re talking about?   Obviously not…

Yep, sure have. And I am not the only one having this issue or a similar one.

Obviously the majority doesn’t.

Moor208 wrote:

Yet you didn’t vote for any of them?

TonyPh12345,

As I have pointed out before this request has been promised by WD:

http://wdtv.uservoice.com/forums/17442-general

This comment is made by Scott R (WD Project Manager - http://twitter.com/#!/srader))

This was the site WD used as its fist forum to get ideas across way before this site (or its previous incarnation) was live.

You know I think it’s right what people are saying about you on here Tony.

Moor208 wrote:

You’re certainly not.  My SMP gets worse and worse with every new firmware release. It cannot do what it is supposed to do.  Now, I’ve rolled back the firmware to the 1.05 version to see if I can get any semblance of stability.  I would really love to enjoy playing a video without having to unplug/reboot the box and wait for it to reboot and rebuild the library after every program.  Is that too much to ask for?  Bully for those that don’t have this problem, they are so lucky.  They must be the most blessed people on Earth to never have an issue and everything works so perfectly for them.  I’d just like to have the machine that does what was written on the box it came in says it should do.

silki wrote:

TonyPh12345,

As I have pointed out before this request has been promised by WD:

http://wdtv.uservoice.com/forums/17442-general

This comment is made by Scott R (WD Project Manager - http://twitter.com/#!/srader))

This was the site WD used as its fist forum to get ideas across way before this site (or its previous incarnation) was live.

By the way, that’s not an official WD forum, so you can not quote them as saying we’ve committed to anything.  Plus the Scott R comment is no longer there.  And any promise it made in its previous incarnation would never have anything to do with a brand new product. 

Yep, its a wonderful thing that some of you have absolutely no problems with the SMP. 

silki wrote:

TonyPh12345,

What does that mean?

Moor208 wrote:

Yep, its a wonderful thing that some of you have absolutely no problems with the SMP. 

Moor208,

I’ve read all your posts in this thread, and I still don’t know what problems you are having.  Can you explain what the issues are?  I know that you are having to reboot/restart, but what are the symptoms you’re experiencing.  When does it happen?  Have you posted anything in the issue exchange?

Benedetti wrote:

Hello Bill_S

Are the latin American Countries included? Netflix is also legal and available here on my country (Costa Rica), I did the downgrade to the previous firmware, the SMP is fine now. But I would like to have SMP updated. Any news on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

They’re looking into a fix for it now.  However, I don’t know yet whether it will require a firmware update to fix it, or if it’s something that can be done on the backend.  Right now, I’m leaning towards another firmware update.  I will keep looking into this to know for sure.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/SMP-Driving-my-nuts/m-p/352489

I escalated this, but it might be helpful if you post the media info for the file, also.

Install the freeware software called MediaInfo ( http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net) Load the file with MediaInfo, and select VIEW/Text. Copy the results and paste them into your thread.

Bill_S wrote:

Benedetti wrote:

Hello Bill_S

Are the latin American Countries included? Netflix is also legal and available here on my country (Costa Rica), I did the downgrade to the previous firmware, the SMP is fine now. But I would like to have SMP updated. Any news on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

They’re looking into a fix for it now.  However, I don’t know yet whether it will require a firmware update to fix it, or if it’s something that can be done on the backend.  Right now, I’m leaning towards another firmware update.  I will keep looking into this to know for sure.

Thanks a lot Bill_S!!

One of many movies which I get the error…

General
Unique ID : 233682886173120667761427625783192070951 (0xAFCDAFD1F0616525AFDC8973BB1A2B27)
Complete name : \192.168.0.103\disk-0\Catch 44 720p\Catch 44 720p.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 3.22 GiB
Duration : 1h 33mn
Overall bit rate : 4 913 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2011-11-30 13:17:43
Writing application : mkvmerge v4.0.0 (‘The Stars were mine’) built on Jun 6 2010 16:18:42
Writing library : libebml v1.0.0 + libmatroska v1.0.0

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 12 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 3 305 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 536 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.201
Stream size : 2.17 GiB (67%)
Writing library : x264 core 119 r2106 07efeb4
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=12 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=11 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.90:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=8 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=360 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=crf / mbtree=0 / crf=16.0 / qcomp=0.70 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:0.85
Language : English
Default : No
Forced : No

Audio
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels