New Release - Firmware Version 1.07.15 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (2/29/12)

I’m still waiting for the answer…

The Netflix ESN number still shows up in the Online Services Info… but there’s no Netflix app…

Would you like to take time to read this thread as we have been there already 7h ago…
A lot of your questions have already been answered.

When do you address the issue of bad sorting of TV shows when they’re autoscraped using the “get content info” option?? This was suggested a long time ago:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/ideas/v1/ideapage/blog-id/streaming_issues/article-id/402/page/1#comments 

Boxee Box here I come!!!

Its not ok, to put a firmware update out, and not tell people about removing services!!! Not good WD!

1 Like

Two firmware versions after and still no word on this:

MKVs stuttering due to network exhaustion

And of course my HD never wakes up after sleep…

I can’t believe it.

With every new version most of what is done is just add new streaming services, or solve small bugs, but the really important ones remain unsolved version after version. WHY??? Don’t you guys have the tech knowledges to fix them?

1 Like

My Device keeps restarting with no end in sight!

I can manage to barely get a factory reset in long enough to be asked for the language, but then it resets on the wifi settings screen.

When I did manage to get past that screen (manual reset) I managed to switch the network from wifi to wired, now it resets even sooner…

I’ve tried downgrading, only problem is it resets trying to scan the media libraries.

Looks like It’s an RMA as far as i’m concerned, unless anyone else knows how to get around it.

voodatari wrote:

Two firmware versions after and still no word on this:

MKVs stuttering due to network exhaustion

And of course my HD never wakes up after sleep…

I can’t believe it.

With every new version most of what is done is just add new streaming services, or solve small bugs, but the really important ones remain unsolved version after version. WHY??? Don’t you guys have the tech knowledges to fix them?

I’m on the current firmware and use a WD DUO NAS & a Linksys e4200 and 1080p MKV files stream prefectly, but I never had this problem on any firmware.
Just watched A New Hope with 20mps mkv & LOTR with 14mpbs mkv neither stuttered once.

Try using NSF instead of SMB/CIFS if thats what you use on your network.
SMB/CIFS has issues in general with high bitrate files.
Heres a post in the same thread you posted saying it works for another person after changing their settings.

hope it helps.

Yup… that’s the way of WD - every new firmware adds **bleep** nobody wants or asked for and removes things people do actually like. Every time the firmware fixes very little and ignores the major issues with the box that people have taken time to document on this site in order to help the developers - no fix for mkv stuttering no fix for freezing  networking video ts folders even though both issues have been notified on here for the last 4 months but plenty of tinkering with small issues. Let’s face it there’s nobody at WD actually interested or listening to their customers wishes or complaints.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I’m in the UK, just carried out the update and BBC iPlayer and Netflix are working for me.

Well, good for you because it’s supposed to work there :wink:

The ones complaining sit in “3rd world countries” that now are being blocked to access their paid for services in the US :confounded:  I am still looking for a way on how to do the update via a US VPN as this should get me the services back plus the bugfixes. Tethering via iPhone does not work, my laptop NIC is too old for Windows 7 AP sharing and my router does not support VPN out of the box. Do you really want me to compile a custom firmware for my router WD??? :angry:

I paid foro Netflix in CR ando I used other devices, but I dont understand WD policies to remove services for which I paid and for which I bought the device

philipo84 wrote:

Boxee Box here I come!!!

Its not ok, to put a firmware update out, and not tell people about removing services!!! Not good WD!

Why should they?  You’re not entitled to receive the service in the first place!  The error was yours.

1 Like

Been testing mine and so far I havent had any problems other than xvid/avi still shuttering over network share.  Please fix this so i can play my crappy avi files when I need to.  Everything else Ive tried plays fine.  I dont really use the services.

I live in the US ( NY state to be exact)   I upgraded to the latest 1.07 software for the WDTV Live.  It shows the nextflix icon, 

when i enter it, ( it asks for credentials again!,  this shouldn’t be lost on an upgrade), I enter my credentials and it hangs on a black screen.  I walked away for 20 minutes thinking it was just slow.  still hung.  tried to back out with the remote, nothing.  tried to power off with the remote, and nothing.  Had to remove power, and recycle the WDTV.  

Tried again.  Same issue.  screen goes black after the login screen. and then have to remove power to the WDTV to get it to do anything.  

Upgrade went smoothly, but this isn’t good.  Was the new software regression tested for old features before release? 

at this rate, i would recommend a public beta test group for new software.  

d

TonyPh12345 wrote:> It forgets who you are?  Or tells you that it’s been de-authorized?> * * *

It consistently pops up the “Are you a Netflix subscriber?” opening dialog box, as though I hadn’t just entered that information two days ago from the last time it forgot who I was.  It’s maddening.  Makes me want to throw the d*#n thing against the wall.

1 Like

Netflix was offered when I bought this box, Netflix is clearly show in the ads of the box, Netflix is legal and working in my country, I’m entitled to receive the service.!!! Put back the service!!!

1 Like

Oneota wrote:> It consistently pops up the “Are you a Netflix subscriber?” opening dialog box, as though I hadn’t just entered that information two days ago from the last time it forgot who I was.  It’s maddening.  Makes me want to throw the d*#n thing against the wall.

Sorry for sounding dense, but I’m trying to figure out which issue you have.

On my system, it will bring up my queue, let me browse around for a while, and then hang when starting a movie.  If I then hit BACK, it will tell me I am de-authorized and make me sign in again.

Is that the same for you?  Or does it go to the “Are you a subscriber?” page as soon as you start the app?

Either Way, these are both “known” issues that are in the “Issues Reporting” section.  So, depending on which issue you have, you might want to go find the correct one and “vote” for it.

eddysmart wrote:
Netflix was offered when I bought this box, Netflix is clearly show in the ads of the box, Netflix is legal and working in my country, I’m entitled to receive the service.!!! Put back the service!!!

Exactly what country do you live in?  

What advertisements are you referring to?

Crashing Issues with the Star Rating System for Video!

Hi, I know this isn’t a major issue but it definitely needs a fix. Almost every time I rate a video now it will crash and completely restart the device. And before this recent update it would have problems remembering the ratings I assigned videos! I am a published critic and I really use this feature. Please fix this. I think this is a wonderful product, I just want to use it as it was fully intended.

Thanks!