New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.04 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (1/10/12)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

If you experience any issues with this firmware, please report them in the WD TV Live Streaming Issue Reporting exchange.

For questions, or sharing your experience, you can post in this thread here.

BBC iPlayer!

_ WOO-HOO! _

Steve W

Hi Will iplayer and Netflix be making its way to the live hub? Thanks

I have downloaded the software but when I launch iPlayer screen goes blank and nothing happens! Any ideas?

Try resetting the player.

Okay found out my problem. Hotel Internet required authentication but no warning on screen. Switched to my mobile broadband and it worked. Seems to work really well!

I just upgraded my WD TV Live streaming player to the new firmware ( 1.06.04 ). The netflix app now appears unfotunately anytime i open it i get “unable to connect to netflix. please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp”. the connection test works and other services are working correctly (youtube, accuweather). i tried resetting the device but no luck with that either

I have a ps3, laptop and samsung galaxy tab all connecting to netflix successfully on the same network so not sure whats wrong. any ideas?

i’m in ireland btw.

Player still has problems streaming video TS files, same problem with freezing and sound. However converted 5 different films to iso files and they play perfect, no problems. As for new software, iplayer and Netflix streams perfect over wifi. If only WD could sort TS files the player would be perfect and worth twice the price.

1 Like

Vudu now seems to bitstream DD+. Nice.:smiley:

Updated to the latest firmware. BBC iPlayer works fine. However, now none of my mkv/avi files seem to. They all worked fine before. I’ve done a system restart, and device reset to factory settings and they still don’t play.

Can anyone tell me why this could be happening?

Obviously a problem with the firmware. How does one go about rolling back to a previous version?

Did a reset to factory defaults while on 1.04.12 and then upgraded right to 1.06.04. Everything looks good so far. Audio via HDMI pass through is coming through with the appropriate amount of channels. Played a few .avi files, and a few .mkv with DD 5.1 and looks good so far. Will try some other files later.

Are the thumbnails now supposed to look better like they say… I didn’t see any difference… anyone see a difference ??

Since I am in the US, does it make sense for me to upgrade to 1.6 from 1.5 if I don’t use HDMI audio pass through?

newer is better imo, I always upgrade, even if the new features don’t pertain to me

vett93 wrote:

Since I am in the US, does it make sense for me to upgrade to 1.6 from 1.5 if I don’t use HDMI audio pass through?

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. New firmware can and does introduce problems that you never had. Its never a good policy to assume that new means best.

I can’t believe that having dozens of VERY IMPORTANT issues reported (mkv streaming high bandwitdth use for example), all they did was adding  a couple of services (not important for the majority of us…not everybody lives in UK), and solving 3 minor problems.

2 Likes

iplayer works great, just one thing the picture looks just a little streched as  half of the bbc logo in the top left appears of screen.

Pixel8four wrote:

iplayer works great, just one thing the picture looks just a little streched as  half of the bbc logo in the top left appears of screen.

Check your TV setting or the appearance menu in setup.

voodatari wrote:

I can’t believe that having dozens of VERY IMPORTANT issues reported (mkv streaming high bandwitdth use for example), all they did was adding  a couple of services (not important for the majority of us…not everybody lives in UK), and solving 3 minor problems.

I here that

Hacku wrote:

voodatari wrote:

I here that

Ditto.

Although nothing seems to have been broken on both of my SMPs so I guess that’s a plus.  However, still have an audio lag issue with one mkv movie files that I didn’t/don’t have when playing on a Live + unit.

1 Like