New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.04 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (1/10/12)

Just beware - I had the following issue with the medialibrary which scans a couple of NFS shares:  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Major-issue-WD-TV-Live-deleted-over-200GB-of-my-files/idi-p/303614

Experiencing same problem.   No problem with avi/mkv files befoe update, but now no sound after beginning.  Files are streamed from naslite server over wired ethernet.  Looking for rollback solution.

not a single issue here, all format play flawlessly off my 500gb usb hdd :smileyvery-happy:

if you want to roll back, just grab the 1.05.18 firmware and edit the wdtvlivegen3.ver file

your comments are zero helpful.  likely I just need to return for refund.

you said you were looking for a rollback solution and I provided one

wulfie wrote:

not a single issue here, all format play flawlessly off my 500gb usb hdd :smileyvery-happy:

if you want to roll back, just grab the 1.05.18 firmware and edit the wdtvlivegen3.ver file

I just got my TV Live yesterday so I’m new to this. Where can I download the 1.05.18 firmware? It doesn’t seem to be avaiable on the Western Digital site anymore.

Also, what specifically do I need to edit in that file you mentioned?

Any help would be appreciated!

Fiona

This post very helpful to me.  With firmware update to 1.06.04 encourntered loss of sound for .avi files;  and minimal stuttering on 1080p files, where there had been no problem before.  Changed out network connection from wired ethernet to wifi using usb dongle.  Cured loss of sound and stuttering.  Repeated connection to wired ethernet and encounter loss of sound.  Codec does not play well with wired ethernet connection.  Anyone looking for usable instructions on rollback go to wd hack postings to find specific instructions and roll back file.  Good Luck, I am out.

bluecherry74 wrote:
Where can I download the 1.05.18 firmware?

Check this out, the old firmware is still online.

Try this link and scroll down one half page for earlier firmware.

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1011&sid=161&lang=en

JimmyC wrote:

Try this link and scroll down one half page for earlier firmware.

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1011&sid=161&lang=en

Do not download and install any firmware from the page above. It is GPL code and should not be used. You may permanently lose some functions of your player if you install it.

I’d post a link to the official 1.05.18 firmware if it’s allowed.  Someone get back to me if I can

Download official rollback firmware from the page below and follow the instructions.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

1 Like

And another update and Autoframe still not working fine , why WD still adding some other features and not fix the old issues?

This is my 2º WD Multimedia system and still having big problems with this IMPORTANT function.

maybe i’m in the minority but this update has fixed all my issues I was experiencing.  especially  the non working hulu+.  it now plays like it should without studdering and pausing etc.

and it seems the Hdmi CEC  works now. 

edit…oops I stand corrected on the cec thing.  it does however turn the power off to the unit when the tv is switched off.

never did that before.  which is nice because it comes back on to the home screen instantly without any start up time.  and the wireless connection is never lost.  so you don’t have to wait for that part either.

Installed firmware 1.06.04 and it didn’t play my mp4’s anymore.  Did a manual restart after upgrading and I was able to watch one movie on it.  The next day (same movie) I kept getting the error that it couldn’t play the format, so I tried the restart again - got nothing…

Have rolled back to  1.05.18 and it works fine.

Love this device - sure beats the netgear hands down…

1 Like

A few questions about why some problems have been fixed and others not.

WD generally update problems they’ve fixed at the next firmware update - they don’t seem to update to solve problems one at once.

My guess is that this update was due to happen as soon as they finalised the agreement with the BBC over the iPlayer, and they threw in whatever other fixes were ready at the time.

Steve W

I think I noticed a bug with this firmware.

When I eject my 3TB WD drive it still displays new items under the “Videos” tab on the dashboard - but obviously I can’t access that folder as I have ejected. This never happened on earlier firmware versions. It would not display any number below “Videos” once ejected. Anyone else notice this?

Yes I had the same thing and on the earlyer version as will so I turn off the “compilation of  Media Library”

it doesn’t tell me how many movies I have, but it loads faster :smileyvery-happy: thats the only error I get…

When a movie file is deleted and it was made a Get Info, the backdrops aren’t deleted, that stay in the usb hard drive.

This happened in all previous firmaware versions.

Also the FaceBook App is not showing the photos correctly when we try to see them.

I have had WD Lives since a while back,  :)  and therefore, decided to buy another one in spite of always reading about people having trouble with all the different models. For my old one, a simple V1,  just found a working firmware and I stick to it.

I bought this version 3.

NO MKV PLAYS beyond a few seconds… I tryed all available firmware.

The original 1.01 played longer but failed after 30 sec.

Loaded 1.06: fails mkv after a few seconds.

The 1.05 had no change.

The 1.04 chashes.

Tryed ALL THE SETTINGS for five hors straigth… reboots, clears, .wd file deletes, different cables… the whole thing…

I am VERY disapointed. I will have to write a bad review at Amazon…

I will have to give up, but I cannot return it anymore, I bought in the U.S. before moving abroad last week.

Without mkv support, it is a dead brick for me. I dont care about streaming or network connections: I just want it to play my movies as the old one did so well…   :frowning: