Advisor
castway

Re: New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.04 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (1/10/12)

finally a "good" firmware....

Advisor
RobSpook

Re: New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.04 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (1/10/12)

I belive these forums are more for "support" than complaining... so:

Days prior to this upgrade I had a file that I accidentally copied into the root of my USB attached hard drive.  I used the move option on the WD to move this file to the proper directory.  Everything worked fine.

Now, after upgrading to the new firmware, this file icon shows in the root directory, but is unplayable and unable to be deleted.  The file shows and plays fine from the correct folder.

When on my iMac and looking through the hard drive attached to my WDTV, the file is not there... not even hidden. 

I have tried to "rescan" the root folder, and the file still shows up.  I'm not sure what else to try.

Respected Contributor
Wayne

[ Edited ]

you're saying that you put a file on the root of a usb connected drive (to the live streamer), and can't get rid of the file now?  have you tried connecting the drive directly to your pc and making sure that the file has been properly deleted? 

[edit]

It seems possible that the file may have been corrupted when you moved it.

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

RobSpook wrote:

I have tried to "rescan" the root folder, and the file still shows up.  I'm not sure what else to try.

Connect it back up to your PC and DELETE the .wd_tv folder that's in the root of the drive.

===Live SMP / Live Hub x2 / Live+ / Live x2 / 24 TBytes of QNAP + WD NAS ===
Frequent Advisor
adprom

Just beware - I had the following issue with the medialibrary which scans a couple of NFS shares: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Major-issue-WD-TV-Live-deleted-over-200GB-of-...

Visitor
JimmyC

Experiencing same problem.   No problem with avi/mkv files befoe update, but now no sound after beginning.  Files are streamed from naslite server over wired ethernet.  Looking for rollback solution.

Frequent Advisor
wulfie

[ Edited ]

not a single issue here, all format play flawlessly off my 500gb usb hdd :smileyvery-happy:

if you want to roll back, just grab the 1.05.18 firmware and edit the wdtvlivegen3.ver file

Visitor
JimmyC

your comments are zero helpful.  likely I just need to return for refund.

Frequent Advisor
wulfie

you said you were looking for a rollback solution and I provided one

Occasional Advisor
bluecherry74

wulfie wrote:

not a single issue here, all format play flawlessly off my 500gb usb hdd :smileyvery-happy:

if you want to roll back, just grab the 1.05.18 firmware and edit the wdtvlivegen3.ver file

I just got my TV Live yesterday so I'm new to this. Where can I download the 1.05.18 firmware? It doesn't seem to be avaiable on the Western Digital site anymore.

Also, what specifically do I need to edit in that file you mentioned?

Any help would be appreciated!

Fiona

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD