New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.12 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (11/17/11)

WD has released a new Firmware for WDTV Live SMP

Here are the fix list

Supports Vimeo.
AccuWeather supports video news and multi-city favorites.
Supports PlayJam.
Supports screen capture feature.
Supports media library function for network share folders :smiley:
Resolved AccuWeather unable to add to favorites issue.
Resolved issue with Samba shared file causing delay in playback on resume.
Resolved issue unknown error displays while connecting to network share.
Resolved OGM file playback issue causing reboot.
Resolved issue playing photo slideshow from USB drive when media library is turned off.
Resolved issue playing ISO files on a MAC (HFS) formatted USB drive causes reboot.
Resolved several German language translation issues.
Resolved several Dutch language translation issues.
Resolved several French language translation issues.
Resolved Facebook issue displaying high-resolution photos.
Resolved several Facebook user interface and functional issues.
Resolved thumbnail not displaying in gallery view issue.
Resolved Spotify skipping song track when attempting to play current song.
Resolved Spotify issue playlist not playing continuously.
Resolved several Spotify user interface issues.
Resolved several Web UI user interface and functional issues.
Resolved login error connecting to Win 7 network share or WD My Book Live.

Get the update from here:

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfWDTV_Live_G3

nfodiz wrote:

Media library/Dashboard/Scraping still not working on 2 different NAS devices here.  Anybody had any luck?

Same for me, nothing is generated.

edit: Just noticed your other reply, I’m going to try what that person told you to do.

The update for the media library on networked drives still does not work for me.  I am using Serviio, if that has anything to do with it, I don’t know.

Serviio? Thats a media server, not a NAS. Media library is not intended to work on media servers, media servers do their own media library.

Dts and Dolby digital audio in m2ts does not work over hdmi. Please do a roll back.

Tip for those interested in the Media Library feature for Network Shares:

To add / manage the Network Shares defined for the Media Library, go into

Setup > System > Media Library > Media Library Manager for Network Share

Here you can

• add/remove Network Shares for the Media Library
  • change the scan options (system standby is the default), or
  • See the status of each share in context of the Media Library

Also, note, only one media folder can be defined per Network Share device, but i see no limitation to add as devices as you want).  This is a problem for me as i have a Videos folder, Music folder, and Photos folder in the root of my My Book Live, and i can only add one of those.  I’ll have to move them back to the default Public folder if i want all three in the Media Library.

1 Like

MediaHog, you can add a whole server, but as before, it will add ALL the shares.

I was able to add 2 shared folders from each NAS and all 4 folders content shows up in my library.  The one problem I do see though is as you said, it only shows 1 folder for each NAS under the Media Library Manager.  I am guessing that only those 2 folders will update as new media is added?  Time will tell…

So far my tests show that whatever folder is defined in the Media Manager is the one that gets scanned automatically.  Once they are scanned, the media shows in the Library, however.

As Tony pointed out, a potential workaround is to add the entire server, but then all folders are added and there might be public folders with media that you don’t want included.

nfodiz wrote:

Tony, once again, you da man!  Worked like a charm.

Not to diminish Tony here but it’s been said lots of times that whenever you do an update, you should reset the player to factory settings. That way all old settings are deleted and weird effects like yours can’t occur.

Many apologies - I’m at work and so don’t have the player in front of me.

Can someone confirm - Media Library compilation has been added to network shares, but has scraping been added too?

Also, can someone confirm what this Add/Manage network shareson Media Library actually does?  I think I can tell, but it’s nice to know for sure.

Do you have to manually select folder/files/devices to be included, or does it include all possible shares and you have to remove them?

Cheers.

Steve W

Pulling my hair out again and at my age I cant afford to lose anymore.Ive upgraded to 1.04.12 but cant seem to get the SMP to see my Goflex Home Nas.It can see it and play films when I go to the video section and it recognises it as a upnp media server when I press the red button.When I try and add the Nas to the media library option it does not pick it up at all so I cant use the scraping option or the get info option when I select add media library to network shares.

TIA

DracUK

Techflaws wrote:

nfodiz wrote:

Tony, once again, you da man!  Worked like a charm.

Not to diminish Tony here but it’s been said lots of times that whenever you do an update, you should reset the player to factory settings. That way all old settings are deleted and weird effects like yours can’t occur.

Techflaws, true, but I have never once had to do this on any WDTV I have ever owned after a firmware upgrade.  Wasn’t really looking forward to manually putting my login infos for all the apps back in through the remote either.  Anyways, your reply if duly noted.

Yeah, I try to avoid a FULL RESET whenever possible, but sometimes it’s easier than pulling one’s hair out.

Also, in many cases, you can do a reset all EXCEPT ONLINE stuff, and not have to re-enter all the logins.

Lots of negatives here, can I ask for a positive?

Has anyone actually managed to get all of the media on their NAS added to their Media Library and scraped yet?

Steve W

Pecker wrote:

Lots of negatives here, can I ask for a positive?

Has anyone actually managed to get all of the media on their NAS added to their Media Library and scraped yet?

Steve W

Yep works like a charm once I did what Tony said.  I have a nice media library imported from 4 folders on 2 Nas devices.  The only downside is that I THINK that you can have only one folder per Nas setup to autoscrape new content.  There was only one movie I couldn’t get it to scrape, “A Miser Brothers Christmas” but that title isn’t on tmdb so I can understand why.

1 Like

My WD is still scrapping my NAS :smiley:, but a quick test  confirms, that at least the movies where detect and scrapped  by the Media Libary function. Open the folder of the video and press the “Options”-button  there will be shown all necessary information like content,  rating, . Nice: this feature is even available, when the movie is starting; pressing then the “Options”-button (again) and choose “Information”  it works ,too.

It seems to work on / with all of my shares on my Synology NAS! (Shares:Movies, Pictures, Music). But, as I wrote; the WD ist still scrapping ( ~ 4TB Data :smileyvery-happy:)

1 Like

Cheers.

When I scraped my HDDs they all succeeded, either manually or automatically.

Has anyone tried ‘inventing’ details yet?

Get an XML file from another film, copy and paste, and edit.

Or would it be easier to create an entry for the film at tmdb?

Steve W

Does anyone know, where all the libary data is stored? I’ve no USB stick or disk; only my NAS and I wonder, where the data is store on?

The data is stored on the NAS in each movies folder.  The backdrops folder is hidden by default, ex “\MYBOOKLIVE\Movies\Horrible Bosses.Horrible Bosses.backdrop” there is also a “\MYBOOKLIVE\Movies.wd_tv” folder that is hidden.  The .xml and .metathumb should be visible in the movies folder.