I'm Returning my WD TV Live Thanks To All The Bugs in Recent Firmware!

I’m in agreement with the OP… This product has left a bad taste in my mouth toward WD products… primarily their media players.

I’m the owner of the first generation media player, and I loved it… I had no issues with it…

Fast forward,  I decide to take the next step and get a player capable of playing local media and some of the streaming services I’m subscribed too and its been frustrating…

Netflix and other services just for unknown reasons lose their login credentials and I’m constantly nagged with the “reactivate” your device prompts…

Random reboots … doesn’t matter what I’m doing… whether I’m navigating to watch a movie from my local storage… or wherever i may be navigating… its random… it will decided it wants to reboot…

Constant freezing…  this is random also… It could take place during the middle of a movie…   when I start a movie… when I’m searching on Youtube… its just totally random…

Unfortunately, I am passed the point to where I can return my unit… I tried to wait it out to see if there would be firmware updates that would fix it… but none have even come close…

and please… no chiming in about how your WDTV SMP works flawless…    This is about the hundreds of incidents just as similiar to mine that have been reported on the hundreds of forums all over the internet… This product has serious QC issues and I will no longer be a beta tester for WD home entertainment products…

2 Likes