Windows 7 and vanishing SAMBA shares

This morning I got up and the shares were still showing on WDTVLIVE. I started another Win7 computer and it showed up under Network Shares too. Cool.

Later I checked to see what happened to the Master Browser service. Low and behold it is running on the WDLive TV. All hail the hacked firmware. So far so good. I wonder what decides the master browser election service. It is very wierd and seems like a bad idea. 

I’ve noticed  if there is a multi-homed or RAS machine on your network becoming the browse master. It could become the master browser for the wrong subnet so disabling the Computer Browser service on that computer might be a good idea.

If you can’t disable it, unbind client for MS network or File and print sharing from adaptors that are on another subnet and have no use for this… Hamachi, VPN connections et c etc.

Anyway something I wanted to ask,  is  having the master browser running on the WDLIVETV  the best option? I thought having it running on the router would be but that turned out to be a problem.