Windows 7 and vanishing SAMBA shares

The way WDTV Live handles samba shares is wacky. There should be a way to manually enter a network share through the interface (like XBMC.)

I also had problems with disappearing shares. Like you, I have the WRT610 and used that as the master browser.

If I ssh into the WDTV Live (requires hack), and run smbclient  I can see the Windows 7 host and share. But  these shares do not show in the interface.

I have also set the WDTVLIVE workgroup to the same as all other PCs. And NBTSTAT confirms the only device on the network running the master browser service is the wrt610n. All other computers on the network can see the win 7 shares and visa versa through SMB. They include a MAC and 2 Linux boxes.

This morning the Windows 7  shares were there (as well as the Linux and Mac ones). Later in the day the Win 7 shares were gone. Tonight,  I decided to start the master browser on the Win 7 PC.  Now the Win7 shares are showing up under WDTV Network shares, and the master browser has automatically been shut off on the wrt610N.

I wonder how long they will stay this time. But either way it seems if SMBCLIENT on the LiveTV was able to see these shares then they should be listed in the interface.

Please add an option to manually add shares.