Wired versus wireless

It has been my experience (yes it cost me…educational expense… but not deductible) that wired is much …much more reliable than wireless networks for AV purposes. if you are on wireless network and your cable modem fades all of your wireless connections will freeze up while the software tries to reconnect to the internet even if you are accessing local resources. A WD TV- Live on a wireless connection using local netshares or mediaserver will freeze like a deer in headlights if the modem drops out. lesson learned

Yeah, you’re right…   And unfortunately, the people who count it as a NEGATIVE that these boxes don’t include BUILT-IN wireless learn that lesson often the hard-way, too…

My Boxee Box DOES include N-Wireless.   But I can’t use it.  Too unreliable, and it’s about 10 feet from the access point.   I still hard-wired it…

Unfortunately, Built-in Wireless is a marketing gimmick just like WD’s “10/100/1000” interface on the hub…  Technically true, but not worth it…

This is for US customers only. But I got a pair of the WD LIveWire units for my WD TV LIVE Hub. Plugged the puppies in standard wall sockets and wham 64 mpbs solid as a rock! Played around with them in various spots in the house and in one location (ajacent room socket) I got 117mpbs, of course not where I needed it work. Plugged them back into the Hub and got 64 mpbs. Solid as a rock! A week later, had a epiphany…I went to Walmart and purchased two six hole duel socket plug adapters. Screwed them over the house sockets and plugged the units back in…wham 124mpbs! Solid as a rock for two days now you figure!