WDTV Live connect Buzz Player HD App

Hey,

I’m trying to connect my iPad 2 running Buzz Player HD App to the WDTV Live. For some reason the Buzz App keeps asking for a username and password, connecting as guest does not work. Common combinations like admin / admin or admin / password do not work. Does anyone know the default user/password? I can’t find any option to change a name or pw on the WDTV Live either.

THX

There is no password protection by default.

That’s what I think as well, but without it won’t connect and it can’t connect as guest.

Did anyone try to use the Buzz Player App with WDTV Player?

Gonzo i am having the same exact problem. Keeps asking for a username and password.

TheHills44060 wrote:
Gonzo i am having the same exact problem. Keeps asking for a username and password.

Then provide one.  It won’t care what you provide, since there is no password protection on Live+ shares by default.

Hey Tony…yeah I tried that.  I enter a username and password (admin/admin for example) and hit connect.  Buzzplayer acts like its trying to connect then immediately shuts down.  I open up buzz player again then go to the SMB section.  It lists the WDTVLive as “not connected” and prompts for a username and password again when i click on it. 

I’ll keep banging away and hopefully will come up with something.  It’s my gf’s Ipad2 which i have prior experience so its a learning curve for me.

Shutting down?   As in crashing?    That sounds like a bad thing.  :)

If you give the wrong password to something that is password protected, it will tell you that it’s denied.

I am experiencing the same issues with the Buzz Player HD app. I tried over and over to log in with various usernames and at one point, my external hard drive attached to my WDTV Live Plus showed up in the list but when I touched it the list went blank again. Really want this to work. Anyone have succes with this app?

Unfortunately not yet tumwr.  I spoke to oxter and he was able to use the anonymous login no problem but that does not work for me.  I’m still plugging away at this issue as it was the single reason I bought the buzz app.

So I’ll weigh in, too…

This PREVIOUSLY worked, but it no longer seems to.

I’m wondering if Buzz made a change in the last revisions (there’s been at least one, possibly two, since I posted above on 12/24…)

I can log into anything from anything still…  except Buzz to my WDs — ANY of my WDs.

File Browser on my iPad also has no problems connecting to the WDs.

There’s been no firmware updates on the WD’ Live / Live Plus since then … so the change must have come from Buzz, one would think…

I emailed Buzz Player support on Feb. 9. I have not heard anything as of yet.

I own a XOOM tablet as well and the BSPlayer app works well for accessing the WDTV SMB share. I am able to watch all the content (.vob files, mp4s etc)  I have so it’s definitely a problem with Buzz (kill).

Ahhh ok…thanks for the info tony and trumwr.

Hi, I had the same problem → buzz player cannot connect to wdtv live.

In logon dialog try this…

textbox username: type a letter and then delete the letter with backspace

textbox password: type a letter and then delete the letter with backspace

push connect

hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you so much for the SMB login trick. Works like a charm and the video playback has been great on all of my formats (mostly VOBs). Hopefully they fix this with version 3.0.

ziha01 wrote:

Hi, I had the same problem → buzz player cannot connect to wdtv live.

In logon dialog try this…

textbox username: type a letter and then delete the letter with backspace

textbox password: type a letter and then delete the letter with backspace

push connect

hope this helps

• *WOW. Great find! Thanks for posting!

**bleep**!  I was so hopeful this woild work for me but it dod not :frowning:

I take my previous statement back!  Hooray I am finally connected as a guest but i don’t see any files…definitely getting closer though.

Thank you soooooooo much ziha01!!! You are a godsend!

I tried this trick on my friend’s SMP and it works like a charm.  I must have some other issue going on with my Hub.  I have forwarded your amazing find to some other members here so I hope you do not mind.

The trick is working perfect :manvery-happy: 10x a lot