WDTV Live and Network Shares

I seem to have a similar setup but seemingly not all the headaches.  The following is from memory; my Network and Sharing Center page has frozen on me.  :|

• Settings on WD TV Live are mostly default: auto-logon to network shares is enabled.

• I’m running Windows Vista x64, IP assigned via DHCP from AT&T router.

• WD TV Live signs in using my main account user / pass credentials (has admin privileges)

• Network Discovery ON

• File Sharing ON

• Password protected sharing OFF.

• Workgroup names match (using WORKGROUP)

• Vista x64 PC wired to wireless router, WD TV Live connected wirelessly

• Media Sharing OFF.

• Public folders are ON.

• TVersity Media Server ALWAYS works (UPnP).

• Network Shares is rarely a problem, unless the Live turns on before the PC with shares.

• I can almost always access these shares from several other devices, apart from when the Vista x64 PC doesn’t have Master Browser status.  Then it’s pot luck whether it disables its own shares or not.  That requires a reboot.

But in a nutshell, if my Vista x64 PC is turned on first, I won’t have any connectivity issues for the rest of the day.

-edit-

With hilarious timing, my PC has fallen off the network.  I saw an error message when coming out of hibernate but closed it, that’s probably what it was.  My Asus EEE is now master browser for the entire network.  :|

-edit2-

PC back up.  Checked Network and Sharing Center and updated the above list.  It was already accurate but I’d omitted that Password protected sharing was off.