WD TV live + windows 7 64bit

Hi,

I’ve got a WD tv live for a couple of months now and never had any problem. That is, I just used tversity since it was on my pc to use ps3 as a media streamer. 

But now I’ve switched from vista to windows 7 and was trying to do the proper setup. 

And this has been a pain in the **bleep** for hours.

I’ve read every post I could find about this, also the windows essentials thing, (auto log in to windows live?) Afaik I dont have that installed on my computer.

Windows firewall is off.

WD is wired. switch and router.

In my network I can now see the device. but when I rund wd discovery it says no network device found.

I have a homenetwork. these are the settings: 

network discovery: on

printer sharing: on

public folder: off

media streaming: off

128bits thing is on.

password sharing: off

connection; managed by windows.

Then I went to a folder on my pc and shared it for everybody. 

After hours I’ve got it to the point that I can again stream with tversity, I’m happy for now since it is at least something. 

But I still would like to be able to set it up properly.

I can now see my pc in on the wd: but cannot acces it.

when I push enter on network shares it just doesnt do anything at all.

I have reset my wd already, redid network settings, cleared pasw.

Any ideas?

I’m having the same problem. As are may others ( http://community.wdc.com/t5/Networking/Can-t-access-network-share-feature-consistently/td-p/5215

Its working at the moment but I’ve fixed it in the past and then its stopped working again!

Check out  http://www.daniloelectronica.com/windows-7/enable-network-shares-on-wd-tv-live-windows-7-ultimate-x64.html for a good overall tutorial.

You’ll also need to check the node type of the PC who’s files you are accessing is set to Broadcast. You can check by running a ipconfig /all in a dos box. It’s probably set to Hybrid, you should update it to Broadcast.

Check out   http://forums.techguy.org/networking/161619-how-change-node-type-broadcast.html for instructions.

Let me know how it goes!

I too have the same problem with accessing my media over the network. It started since I did a firmware update to 1.03.49 official release, yesterday night. Until then it worked fine!! I tried rolling back to previous f/w (1.02.21)… to no avail.

My network settings are:

Network discovery:      on

File/Printer sharing:    on

Public folder sharing: off

Media streaming:        off

128-bit encryption:      on

Password protected sharing: off

HomeGroup connections:       use user accounts…

Also, on my WDTV Live I have cleared network shares login info and switch off and on again the auto login option.

Still, when I press the OK or Right-Arrow button trying to access either Media Center or Network Shares I get no response whatsoever.

Anyway… any ideas would be appreciated…

Leo

PS. I hope this is the right thread…

I finally managed to make it work again… I turned off “auto login” and I reentered user name and password (anonymous and blank respectively). This was one of the first things that I had tried, but even though I had erased previously stored login data, and had turned off auto login I couldn’t get the “enter user name and password” window to pop up!! I don’t know why or when this solution started working…

The reason that it took me so long to figure out the proper solution is that WD did not prompt me to reenter username and password when it failed to connect… In fact, at the beginning, there wasn’t any feedback whatsoever when trying to access my network share.

Unacceptable behavior :cry:

I update firmware 1.3 last night

now i cant connect to share folders

i get error:

the username and password invalid type again

i have windows 7 x64

**bleep** up wd

i bore for few problem in WDTV

**bleep** u 

i want buy Google TV logitech Revue

go hell…

Mojtaba wrote:

**bleep** up wd

i bore for few problem in WDTV

**bleep** u 

i want buy Google TV logitech Revue

go hell…

Wow.  Do you feel better now?

Hi again,

Well suddenly it’s working, I did not change a thing since last time. 

Weird thing is, now tversity isn’t working anymore lol.

Also did the firmware updates but it worked before that. and then right after not so much and then after the update again :smiley:

Someone mentioned the invalid username error, I had that too after the update but after I went to settings and delete paswords (or reset, its an option somehwere) It worked again. But then again I have my folders shared for everyone w/o pasw.

So for now I’m good, hope it stays like that.

thx for the replies and gl to all who still have trouble.