WD TV Live Plus won't recognize my Windows 7 username and password

I just installed my unit with wireless. It lists my computer. I entered my Windows 7 username and password. It won’t take it. Keeps advising me that I’ve got a wrong username or password but I know this is not so. What is it I can do?

You probably have Microsoft live essentials or live sign-in assistant installed.

I have exactly the same problem. Rolling back as mentioned. As it is not removable and only a rollback to a prior restore seems to sometimes work for some users,

I  think WD needs to address this ASAP . I see LOTS of requests for added firmware features, which I will not say are frivolous, but which are not core issues. This is a core issue

ya I have this exact same problem.  And it has only occurred recently … huge pain 

For what  I use my WD TV for this problem literally renders it useless

Yes, I have a similar problem. I am asked for an account name and pasword, but have never set any, so all is over before it startst???

Not necessarily.

It will ALWAYS ask for a User ID and password.

If you don’t have password-protected sharing enabled, and your shares are shared with “Everyone,”  you use the User ID “anonymous” and a null password.

I had the same problem. Finally I did the following.

When it ask for a username and password, enter administrator for user and leave the password blank.

On my computer it didnt even have an administrator account. Go figure. Hope this helps people.