Unable to connect my Live Plus to my ATT U verse

I’m trying to connect to my U verse 2WIRE576 gateway. I can see it but cannot get it to connect autmatically througe a 

Rosewill RNX-N180UBE USB 2.0 External 5dBi Antenna Wireless Adapter. I can easily connect to the neighbors Belkin router150 feet away. The only way I’ve been able to connect was to disable wireless security (bad idea I know) I’ve tried all the authentication settings and everything else I could think of.  I have clear line of sight at about 30 feet but since the gateway is on the upper floor I don’t really want to run cat5.   I’v updated to the current version firmware already. OS is Win XP MCE. HELP PLEASE!

Try changing the wireless security type, for example if you have WEP, try changing it to WPA or WPA2. Also  this might help.

1 Like

Tried that, as I stated in the original post the only way it will connect is to disable securtiy entirely. I can see the gateway in a site survey but that’s it. I can easily connect to the neighbors un-secured wi-fi but unfortunatly the network drives I want to access are on my system. I didn’t want to pull wire in but it’s looking like I may have to.