Please Help Network Share Issue

Maybe, but Ive got such a simple set upI really cant see why it won’t work. The most frustrating thing is it worked 100% fine right out of the box for about 2 days and 4 hrs of playing time before it just stopped mid stream and entered this state. Looking on this forum it seems this exact behaviour pattern is pretty common with WDTV Live & network shares but WD themselves decline for whatever reason to get  directly involved in providing assistance. 

I left work early today so I could get home in time to ring WD support before it shut at 4.30. They were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, the guy basically ended up trying to sell me a WD Mybook live, on the basis it would work better with the WDTV than my PC, if he thinks Im complicating matters further with an expensive NAS which may well only make it worse he’s got another think coming!

What Ive ended up doing is plugging an external HDD into the WDTV’s USB port, I shall now have to buy another HDD to go into the WDTV live and ferry it up and downstairs every time I add new files from my PC, not what I envisaged when I bought it. Suffice to say, on point of principal I shall not be buying a WD HDD, and shall avoid their products like the plague in future.

Hey Ho.