No media found on Synology NAS

I have 2 Lives and 2 original WD TVs all with the latest firmware. I use them so much, I wouldn’t have cable but for the NFL and IndyCar. I also have a Synology 8TB CS407 NAS with the latest firmware.

The Live boxes, 1 wired and 1 wireless, both connect to the Synology NAS through Network Shares flawlessly. Although, the wireless unit makes me go through the Network Setup hassle every time the Live has been rebooted or turned off and on again. The wireless USB stick is a Netgear WN111 v2.

The problem is when I try to connect to the Synology NAS using the Media Servers option. It allows me to navigate to where it lists 3 folders: Music, Photo and Video. But I receive an error when opening any of them that states “There is no media in the current folder.” This happens from both the wired and wireless Live boxes. However, when I connect to my wireless computers and not the NAS using the Media Servers option, it shows the files on my computers just fine.

I’ve heard that the Media Server connection is preferred for streaming over the Network Share option. So, I’d love to get it to work. For what it’s worth, I have the Media Server setting turned on in my NAS’ configuration page. But it’s possible I don’t know what other settings/services I may need to enable on the NAS side. Also, my router is a Belkin N1 Vision v2000 if that matters.

Any help would be appreciated. Or, if I’m incorrect about Media Server being superior to Network Share, just tell me that and I’ll drop it. :wink: