Network lost... again

I am about sick of losing my network. I have had problems with it from the start and it always seems to come back. Tonight, after watching something, I shut it off, and then went back less than 15 minutes later and the network share no longer worked! This happens often and usually at the worst times. I’m tired of it. I have stuck with this thing, hoping it would get better and yet it never seems to. I feel like since I’ve been screwed once (lLive vs. Live Plus) the least they could do is make this thing work. I realize that Samba is touchy when it comes to Windows 7 (ok, just touchy in general), but I’m afraid that isn’t my fault. Maybe SOMEONE should have thought of that considering WINDOWS IS THE MOST POPULAR OS ON THE FRAKKING PLANET!!! Good god Western Digital!!! What the **bleep** is going on down there!?!

Hello, did you updated the firmware to the latest version? Another thing that you can try is to do, is to reset the router instead of the WD TV and check if the problem continues. 

Losing network shares seems to be a feature of WD Live.

Mine disappear all the time -

I restart my PC (Win 7 64b)

I restart the router

I completely reset the WD Live  and I re-enter all the darn info.

If the planets are aligned in the correct way, my shares reappear magically…

I have no idea why…

I am going to church on Sunday and pray for the WD engineers - so they can figure it out.

This is something I have to do daily. When my pc comes out of “Sleep” mode, Network Shares does not work. I eventually found that I have to pull the plug on my router, and restart it, then Network Shares shows up. It works as long as I need it, until the next time I “wake up” my pc. My Live Plus is wired directly into my router. My other wired and wireless devices work, just not the WD Plus Live.

I’m not sure if this is a WD thing, A WIN 7 thing, or my router. I have no idea how to fix it other than the above. At least that works for me.

I have the same problem.  My frustration is that I have 3 players, and only one of them has the problem.  I am sharing from my Windows Home Server (version 1) that runs 24/7.  I also run a smoothwall router which I never reboot.  I had the problem connecting occasionally with my primary player until I forced “Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP” on my server. Haven’t had any problems with it since.  However, my second box refuses to see any shares.  I have reset it via menus, paper-clip reset it, updated the firmware (I had been holding off 1.6.0_18 for a while, yet nothing has fixed it. 

Strangely, when my first box was having issues, I could almost always get it to work by first going to Netflix, and then exiting out, magically the shares would appear.