Network Problems, plz help

Hi.

I’ve just bought my WD TV Live 1 TB hub today, i set it on network.

My computer is running windows 7 x64, i set up sharing on some folders, and also setup media streaming, and turned off password protected sharing.

1. i can se my  computer as mediaserver, when i browse my video folder i can see all files expect mkv and iso ?

2. If i try to brows network share from wd it says No Storage Present (I can easily see the shared folder and files from other computers on the network)?

3. Is there anyway i can copy the files from my PC directly to the wd box ?

Hope anyone can help me :slight_smile:

1.  The built-in Media Server in Windows does not support MKV.   NONE that I know of support ISO.   That’s why they’re not appearing.

2.  Check the FAQ for more info on setting up sharing.  

3.  Yes; once you get #2 squared away, you can connect to the WD via your PC and copy to a hard disk or flash drive that’s attached to the USB ports.

Hi i tried searching the FAQ, but couldent find anything ? can you provide me with a link ?,

my wd tv live hub have built in HD, shouldent i be able to see that on my computer, it show up as media server on network devices, but i cant acces the harddrive ?

Does The WD not support ISO playback ?

scarface335 wrote:

It does.  But if you’re connecting to a Media Server, the server will only send certain files, not everything the device is capable of playing.  The Windows Media Player server will not serve .iso files, even though it can play them and even though the WD can play them.

So, you’d have to either go with Network Shares, with an attached USB drive, or putting the .iso files on the Hub’s internal drive (or run a different server application that will serve .iso).

ok ty, then all i need is to have network shares to work, when i choose network share on my wd tv box it says no storage present ? any suggestions ?

scarface335 wrote:

Hi i tried searching the FAQ, but couldent find anything ? can you provide me with a link ?,

my wd tv live hub have built in HD, shouldent i be able to see that on my computer, it show up as media server on network devices, but i cant acces the harddrive ?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/WDTV-FAQ/td-p/32135

This is what i get from faq.

• You actually have SHARING Enabled, and that the shares are not “Hidden.”
  • The Workgroup Name of both the WDTV and the server are EXACTLY the same.
  • You can PING the WDTV from the PC that’s sharing.
  • You can see the sharing PC from another PC or Laptop.

I checked all i can do all that, but still not se any shares on the WD LIVE **bleep**, i was looking so much forward to having this nice device, now it’s all ■■■■ if it cant cumunicate with my windows 7 x64.

PLZ help me.