Measuring Speeds of Wireless Network Connections

In looking at all the threads concerned with video streaming, I see frequent references to download/streaming speeds.  I know I can see a link speed in Windows 7 Task Manager, but how do you observe/measure the speed at which a file is being transferred to the WDTVLIVEPLUS over your wireless network?

Not your answer but if you want * reliable * streaming forget about wireless.

Wireless just **bleep**.

Use a wire or start running up and down with USB drives.

Curmudgeon10 wrote:

In looking at all the threads concerned with video streaming, I see frequent references to download/streaming speeds.  I know I can see a link speed in Windows 7 Task Manager, but how do you observe/measure the speed at which a file is being transferred to the WDTVLIVEPLUS over your wireless network?

If the stream is coming from the Win7 PC, then the Task Manager can tell you that, too.   Open it and select the NETWORKING tab.   The graphic will show you real-time network usage for the PC (most of which would probably be the streaming.)

Thanks!

Could be true, but neither one of those alternatives is practical to me.  Blockbuster has “progressive downloading” which I’m going to try.  Runnning a wire not possible (I may go to the WD LiveWire if wireless/progressive downloading doesn’t work).  If none of those work, then too bad.  It’s not the end of the world.