How to convert VIDEO_TS?

I Hate the interuptions of every single .vob file to be played. It’s very annoying.

How can I convert these files to fileformats not having this “error”?

And how can I get rid of the menu’s in some .vob files?

The easiest way is to use Handbrake to convert the DVD main movie(s) to mkv files (use the High Profile preset, change to mkv, and pass through any subtitle, AC3 or DTS tracks you want).

Handbrake is free, but you need a program to rip the DVD to your hard drive (like AnyDVD).

The files are allready in a folder, not on DVD. Does that make a difference?

I have handbrake, but it takes a long time, there is no fast way around? (for example converting within a few minutes)

Handbrake reencodes the files.  If you don’t mind the filespace you *ought* to be able to just remux them to another container but I never work with VOB files so I’m not a good person to ask.

Remuxing tools include mkvmerge and tsmuxer – both freeware, so you might try one or both to see if either supports the VOB format (iwth tsmuxer you can remux to a ts or m2ts container, with mkvmerge you can remux to an mkv one, all of which the Live supports just fine).

Remuxing will take on the order of a minute or two, compared to reencoding (which will be measured in hours).

PSV_Supporter wrote:

I Hate the interuptions of every single .vob file to be played. It’s very annoying.

How can I convert these files to fileformats not having this “error”?

What problem are you having? Have you ripped the DVD files into a folder named VIDEO_TS and then are attemping to play the DVD? What is the interruption? and what are the menu’s that you are seeing.

The WDTV can only handle a basic DVD and cannot do extras etc. If you press play on the VIDEO_TS folder it should play your complete main movie without interruptions.

Can it be, that I allways rename the VIDEO_TS folder to “Movie name”, that WD allways stops after every .vob file?

That probably is the issue – many programs recognize a DVD structure because the folder name is VIDEO_TS.

The easiest way to see is to just rename it back to VIDEO_TS and see if it starts working again.

that is the problem I know this for fact as I did it and it separates the files to where they play seperately. I use magic dvd copier and copy main title only with the best audio offered if it is dolby digital I use that if it is DTS I use that I even did a DTS EX track and it came through my audio reciever as such. I ran into problems when I tried to add movie stars names in the already VOB files thin king I could use the search feature for all movies of a certain stars that is when it separated the tracks. Magic DVD copier only takes about 12 to 15 mins a movie and they are flawless copies.

tm224 wrote:

that is the problem I know this for fact as I did it and it separates the files to where they play seperately. I use magic dvd copier and copy main title only with the best audio offered if it is dolby digital I use that if it is DTS I use that I even did a DTS EX track and it came through my audio reciever as such. I ran into problems when I tried to add movie stars names in the already VOB files thin king I could use the search feature for all movies of a certain stars that is when it separated the tracks. Magic DVD copier only takes about 12 to 15 mins a movie and they are flawless copies.

or free with DVD Decrypter.

PSV_Supporter wrote:

Right, it’s been discussed to death here that they have to be placed inside a VIDEO_TS folder.

PSV_Supporter wrote:

By ripping main movie only? To convert VOBs to ISO use ImgBurn’s build mode.

Yeah, here’s what people think of Aunsoft:

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/www-aunsoft-com-review-low-quality-software-t6582.html

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Yeah, here’s what people think of Aunsoft:

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/www-aunsoft-com-review-low-quality-software-t6582.html

That may not make a lot of sense now that the proceeding spam post has been deleted by the management.

Heheh…  You’re right!

Sorry for burning you, Tony.