Occasional Contributor
olegunner

Cant access media with WD TV plus, airport and external hard drive

Hello folks,

I recently switched from an all PC environment that had my WD TV plus working fine  to an all Mac environment that I cant manage to get connected.  Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a WD TV plus that is hardwired to an airport extreme ethernet port by way of WD Livewire.  I then have my data on a My book essential plugged directly into the usb port of the airport extreme.   Computers on the network have no issues reading and writing to the shared My book essential wirelessly so I believe I have the sharing profiles set up properly. 

When I got to setting on the WD TV and then file management I am able to see the network and it allows me to click to password but then says no media present.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?  do you need any more details?

Thanks in advance,

Carey

Honored Contributor
Alucardx23

Re: Cant access media with WD TV plus, airport and external hard drive

Try to connect the my book directly to the Mac and select it as a shared folder, then check again from the WD TV.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Advisor
rbots

Re: Can't access media with WD TV plus, airport and external hard drive

Helpful Hint. Get rid of this unit and get the Micca EP-350, as it takes everything you can throw at it. It has some issues withthe remote, but I use a RF-20 universal and get th advantage of extra power for all my equipment. I thought I would like the WD TVLIVE, but I am very disappointed. I recycle the power whenever I get an error and this always works. Never had to do anything like this on a Micca.

Occasional Advisor
rbots

Re: Cant access media with WD TV plus, airport and external hard drive

Carey, read my post by rbots below. I am dead serious about this. I have been using the Micca's, Diyomate, etc for years and never had a codec, or video format problem, ever !!. It is worth the change. I am very angry with WD because I just threw away 100 bx for an American product I thought finally came through the BS and constraints and put their minds into their coding work.

Good Luck.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD