Cannot Access A Network Share

This problem just arose. 

My WDTV Live Plus has stopped accessing one of my LAN computers.   There are three computers on my LAN, all running XP SP 2 or 3.  They can all communicate with one another.  When I click on Network Shares on the WD, all three computers show up.  I can view files on  two of them, but when I try for the third one, the WD returns the message “this network share cannot be accessed”.  However, I can use that same computer to read files off of a usb drive connected to the WD.  This has not been a problem before today.  The only thing that preceeded the problem was doing a reboot of the computer in question. 

I have rebooted the WD, the computer and my modem/routers, although I’m not sure in what order I ought to reboot them.

Is there anything else I can do to try to figure out what’s gone wrong?

I would start by UNsharing the volumes on the problematic PC, and then re-configuring the shares again.

Tried that without success.

This looks like a problem with permissions, but I can’t see where the issue resides.  All my computers can talk with the machine in question and that machine can talk to the WD box.  If the problem is with the WD, I could do a reset to factory defaults and start over.

Did you ever find a solution?  I have seen this repeatedly and have reviewed all of my computer share properties.

Your problem should be the master browser is not resolving the names of most PCs replace the master browser and restart the machines

The camandos this is another link:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Networking/Make-the-live-hd-wd-see-or-hub-network-share-with-Windows-7/td-p/377721

Will have to be via regedit but only procucar google how to replace the master browser

This may very well work, I will try it later.

I strongly suggest that WD should address this very common problem as well with a driver update.

Network shares cannot disappear all the time… asking a typical user to modidy the registry is NOT the solution.

Will let you know.

On my system I went for over a week without loging my shares - and them boom they were gone again…

Thank you.

From what I read and tested here is really the fault of the windows, because who does not list the network machine is not done by windows wd hd.
I noticed this because the own network between windows xp is not seeing the windows 7 but IP was good.
I saw also that this problem happens between two network windows 7, because of the **bleep** password it generated when the master browser fails to list the pcs really wd hd will fail.

But I think the wd could create a host list as in linux i solve the problem, now depend on hehehehehe microsoft is a joke right!