801.11n wireless adapter?

Hello all.

Is there any 802.11n wireless adapter that is supported by WD TV Live?

I know that there is a list of supported adapters, but I don’t really have the time to google them all…

Appreciate your help.

I’m using the Cisco/Linksys WUSB-600N.  Bought it at Frys a few weeks ago.

Using the 5Ghz band; it works beautifully.

I am also using the dual-band Cisco/Linksys WUSB-600N. I bought it at Newegg a couple of weeks ago. You can’t tell the version number by looking at the box, but It is a version 2. Worked right out of the box…just plugged it in to the WD, no problems at all.

I am using it on the 5 GHz band with a netgear WNDR3700 and it works great!

Thanks guys very much for replying.

And what about HD video streaming?

Works perfectly for my stuff…

Just to be sure…how about 1080p MKV?

Thanks!

I’m also using WUSB600N for 10 month by now with WDTV Live.

Not a single problem.

Worth trying with a 5Ghz 802.11n access-point/router to get real speed out of this adapter.

An excelent choice!

DamageHigh wrote:

And what about HD video streaming?

Same here…works real well. No skipping or studdering at all, and it never drops the connection.

Thanks guys…

I just wondered…in Croatia there is only v1 ( http://www.instar-informatika.hr//artikl.asp?code=0430815).

So…will it be OK?

Well, according to the official WD list of approved devices it should work, but I only have personal experience with the version 2 device.

approved list

Scandy wrote:

I am also using the dual-band Cisco/Linksys WUSB-600N. I bought it at Newegg a couple of weeks ago. You can’t tell the version number by looking at the box, but It is a version 2. Worked right out of the box…just plugged it in to the WD, no problems at all.

I am using it on the 5 GHz band with a netgear WNDR3700 and it works great!

Same setup but I sometimes have the issue that playback stops after a couple of minutes (usually somewhere between 3-8) min and only thing I can do then is pull the plug on the wd tv.

After restarting wd tv live it usually works without an issue.

And yes 1080p mkv’s work. But probably depends on the link quality. (=distance between wdtv and router)

The WUSB-600N is nice because of 5 ghz and it comes with a “stand” attached to a fairly long cable so you can place it at a location with good signal.

I have WUSB600N v2 adapter and WRT320N router. Yes it is recognized by WDTV Live and network seems to work fine. However I can’t even stream DivX videos - it stops after several minutes. I have tried different videos like 720p, 1080p, DVDRips etc - it always stops after 3-5 minutes. Signal level and quality is good. BTW wlan is configured as 802.11n 5GHz.

So actually WDTV Live is not “that live”.

Hmmm…   Apparently, all is not well.

I have the same setup (Live with WUSB600N) but use Linksys E3000 instead;  I watched two BluRays with my kids this weekend…   Not so much as a single hiccup.

How do you know the “Signal Quality” is good?

I attached the same adapter to my laptop and it shows excelent signal quality and strenght. Also firmware 1.02.21 shows signal level.