What is the diff from wd hd live to wd live plus

want  to know what the wd hd live  do

and the live plus do they both have the same dts codes and mkv movies pleas get back asap

kind regards clark

1 Like

The Plus has Netflix support while the Live doesn’t. If you live in Canada, the Netflix support will not work (although that ‘might’ change in the future but don’t bet on it).

There’s no differences apart from that

ok i live in australia so does it have wifi?  and wat about wd tv hd one

clark80 wrote:

ok i live in australia so does it have wifi?  and wat about wd tv hd one

The WDTV LIve PLus is only available in North America. The WDTV LIve can use a WiFI USB adaptor.

ok thanks mate looks like i have the best one out then do you know if there will be bringing out a new line of wd players ?

WD NEVER announces products ahead of release.   So, if they are, we’ll find out the day something comes out on the store shelves.

1 Like

and wat about wd tv hd one

The WDTV HD, with stock firmware, is not network-capable.  That’s essentially the difference between a WDTV HD and a WDTV Live. (although… network support can be added to a WDTV HD with third-party firmware.)

Basically, if you want network access, get a WDTV Live, and if you don’t want network access, get a WDTV HD.  As I said, it’s possible to add network access to the non-network box, but why go through the hassle if you’re buying a new unit?  Especially when support is somewhat limited.  The third-party option is more for people with existing devices who would rather tinker with the box than buy a new one, but if you’re buying from scratch, why make things more difficult than they need to be?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

WD NEVER announces products ahead of release.   So, if they are, we’ll find out the day something comes out on the store shelves.

And note that that’s true of nearly any good company – Apple doesn’t even acknowledge products that have already leaked out to the media (like the iPhone 4, for example – people had pictures and the actual phone and Apple wouldn’t even confirm it).

It’s best to be suspicious of products that are announced far ahead of their release date (can anyone say Popbox?)