Occasional Contributor
djbspliff

usb hdd's disconnecting during play

I have 2 2TB hdd hooked up to my we tv plus. And recently after the recent update its happening more often. I have the discovery software installed on my laptop running vista ultimate and I can access the drive from my laptop. Everytime I start my laptop makes a sound like u just unplugged a USB from. The movie plays fine most of the time but sometimes the movie will stop and the warning will come up saying to eject the he'd before removing. I would just back out of that screen and back to the movie sometimes I will have the option to resume. But other times I have to start over. Does anyone have any idea what's going on. Thnx in advance.
Occasional Advisor
radeks

Re: usb hdd's disconnecting during play

I have similar experience with My Passport USB.3. Waiting for responses to your post.

Occasional Advisor
legranvil_d

Hello the problem with the drive disconnecting is probably due to power variations on the drive.

Make sure its not connected to a power strip and directly into the wall outlet.

hover

I never experienced disconnects during playback the last years (WDTV and now WDTV Live) but since the last firmware update some weeks ago my WD harddisk disconnected 4 times. Its the same powersource direct from the wall outlet.

This happend with two differnt devices: first: 2,5'' 500 GB and 1,5TB connected with USB 2.0.

Can you please check this issue at Western Digital.

Thanks..

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD