Unable to connect to netflix

i had no issues before but today i started to get "unable to connect to netflix " message. any idea how to fix it?

I am also having a problem connecting to netflix today. Message is:

We’re unable to connect you to Netflix. Please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp for guidance.

My internet connection is checking out fine on the networking diagnostics page.

Firmware on my WD TV Live+ is 1.05.04_B

Watched something before and after the update last night to this firmware.

I’m getting that as well.  I watched a movie earlier and then upgraded the firmware, and was never able to log back into Netflix.  Could it be a bug in the upgrade?  I’m in Canada and using netflix.ca, could that have something to do with it as well?

I think that Netflix may be having a problem right now because I can’t connect either. Netflix has been working fine for me with the new firmware, so I think that this is probably a Netflix problem rather than a WD problem. I bet it will be OK in a few hours.

Just received my brand new WDTV Live Plus.  Connected, updated to latest firmware.  Everything works (although sometimes slowly) except Netflix.  Works fine on a BR player connected to the same router and all other household devices…just not my new WDTV Live Plus.  I get the same error everytime I launch the app.  No amount of resetting/rebooting has helped.   :angry:

I was troubleshooting a separate Netflix issue earlier today and was connecting successfully from both a Live Plus and a Live Hub.

Neither have a history of connection issues.

Netflix is most likely to blame, since there hasn’t been a firmware update for the Hub for a while; nothing has changed this end, so it’s hard to point the finger at WD.

Also, Netflix develop the Service for the Live units, it’s not coded by WD, so ultimately it’ll be Netflix who has to fix this in any case.

It’ll probably be working again tomorrow.

-edit-

…aaaaaand it’s working today. :wink:

Unfortunate beginning but it is working today. Weird the connection issue is device specific.