Reboot after youtube video

Every time at the end from a youtube video, the box is rebooting. :confused:

A note:

The old youtube player in previous versions was above all much faster.

Spyke32,

This is an unfamiliar situation. What kind of videos are the ones freezing your WD TV Media Player? Do they include ads? What firmware are you using? And does a factory reset provide any change in the behavior?

I have the same problem 

when i watch youtube videos at the end of hte video wdtvlive plus box reboots.(I have latest update on it)

the problem is that after the reboot  I also loose the shared nework systems i was able to see before.

(I was not logged into you tube account but was just watching clips from search.)

I’ m also having the same problem on WD TV live as well on a WDTV SMP.

Both running on the latest firmware.

After playing a youtube video in a queue, the player crashed and restarts.

Best Regards,

dmz21

Hi staff,

so any ideas? I saw some topics on other forums describing same problem.

I assume this is bug.

And yes old youtube player before the upgrade was faster and more stable even it looked less fancy but it actually worked.Currently basically you can say WDTV is not supporting youtube any more.

BTW Is it possible to downgrade softwae to resolve the issues?

Same issue on WD TV Live. It’s annoying.
How long will it take to fix these problem?

Same problem here too.

Not on every videos but quite often. There was no ads on video each time i faced the issue.

Running the latest firmware.

2WDTVuser wrote:

BTW Is it possible to downgrade softwae to resolve the issues?

Yes. A lot of people here have downgraded their firmware to solve various problems with the latest release.

For example, you need to use a firmware version earlier than 1.06.34 to eliminate the files being changed to folders problem, and you need to downgrade to 1.05.04 to get auto-framerate to work.

I am not sure exactly which firmware to use to eliminate the problems that you are having, but I would try 1.06.16 or 1.05.04. Please be aware that WD recommends that if you are downgrading to a version earlier than 1.06.15, that you need to downgrade to 1.06.15 first, then downgrade to an earlier version.

You can find the earlier versions by changing the download link to reflect the version that you want. You will also have to use notepad to change the version in the .ver file to a version higher than you presently have on your box. This will fool the WD installer into thinking that you are installing a newer firmware.

darknet wrote:

Same issue on WD TV Live. It’s annoying.
How long will it take to fix these problem?

The Live and Live Plus are old products. WD has not released any new firmware for these devices in a long time. Even though there are some serious issues with the new firmware (for example, file corruption and files being changed to folders) WD has not released any new firmware.

Unfortunately, I think that the Live and Live Plus may have reached their end of life as a supported product.