No playing ABC in Hulu

My WDTVLIVEPLUS is not playing ABC dramas in huluplus anymore.

How to reproduce the issue,

Locate Grey’s Anatomy on Hulu Plus>Subscriptions>Seasons>Pick Season 10 any episode.

that’s it. it get’s stuck in loading screen.

Have you tried some standard troubleshooting like power cycling the unit or resetting?

Haven’t seen this particular issue until now.

I can confirm that there is an issue playing ABC content via Hulu on the Live Plus. We noticed it a few weeks ago but figured it was something on the Hulu side. Yet, we can play the content via the Hulu Plus website just fine, and also via our mobile devices (tablets and phones).

The symptom we see is that when you choose any of the ABC content to play, you see the loading screen and it stays there until you hit the “Home” key.

We have the Live Plus unit with the latest firmware.

Things we have done:

Power cycled the unit

Erased the content keys

Factory Reset of the box via the gui

ABC Shows we have tried: Revenge, Grays Anatomy, Scandals

We have tried other content from other stations and they seem to work just fine. Let me know if there is anything else you want me to try. Centrifuge.

This is really an odd one, and I too can confirm it. After reading this thread, I gave it a test. On my Live+, I tried five different shows, and as posted above, the same thing happened. No show loaded, and eventually I had to hit the home button to get to the main menu, and start Hulu+ again. Programs from other networks work just fine.

Having several of the WD devices, I tried the exact same shows and episodes on both a LiveHub and an SMP and they played without any problems at all.

I’m baffled on how this issue could even exist. Clearly the Hulu+ app is working on the Live+, as I / we can view shows and movies from other networks without issue. Also, it would seem that the ABC shows are also working fine since I have no problem viewing them from the other two WD Devices as well as on a Roku.

Really strange… Usually when you come across an issue, you at least know where to start to troubleshoot. With this one I am at a complete loss.

-P

I opened a case with Western Digital on this since I saw no further activity on this thread. This was the response:

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is [Deleted]. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

You may try rolling back to a previous version of the firmware, since this might fix the issue. Please, visit the following link in order to know how to rollback to a previous firmware version:  http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NzI0NzI2Ny9zaWQvLXFURlRfSGw%3D

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anyone willing to give it a go? I have no clue whether WD has actually tried this themselves to see if it fixes this.

Centrifuge.

I went ahead with the rollback and that did not resolve the issue.

I called Western Digital tech support and they confirmed there is an issue with the Hulu app on this device and they are looking at it, but cannot say when it will be fixed.  Mine is an older, first-gen Western Digital TV Live Plus.  Apparently the newer models do not have this issue.

Centrifuge.

Centrifuge wrote:

…Apparently the newer models do not have this issue.

Correct, ABC on Hulu works fine on my HUB and SMP. Just the not on the  LivePlus. Wierd stuff. One of the odder issues I have come across.

-P

Moderator, any update on this issue?  Thanks.