Netflix app will not load

I have run netflix on my wd Tv for years, but when I tried to run it today it would not work. I tried to load it several times, and each time I tried, either the whole system reset or the screen went black (and stayed there). The other online apps and normal functions work fine. Any suggestions?

Try resetting the player to factory defaults.

I reset the system to factory defaults, and now it wont load. The initial wd welcome screen comes up, and then the screen goes blue and displays the message “not supported!”

dbirnba1 wrote:
I reset the system to factory defaults, and now it wont load. The initial wd welcome screen comes up, and then the screen goes blue and displays the message “not supported!”

It’s not the WD displaying that – that’s your TV.   

I have always gotten that message during WD startup, but it then always worked fine afterwards. Now it loads as it always did, I get the same messages, but then it wont load the homescreen. My wd remote app on my cell recognizes the device on the network, and the WD startup screen comes up (meaning the Tv does recognize the device), but I’m stuck there. Any advice?

Are you connected via HDMI or component?   

Hdmi

If you originally got two screens with a message in between then that’s the normal two boot up screens. The first screen is at 720 and the second is dependant on what information is passed during the hdmi handshake. It appears that the info is giving a resolution that is not supported by your tv.

You could try to connect via composite output using the WD supplied lead and then set the hdmi output manually.

Ok, the composite cable partially solved the problem. I can get to the. WDTV homescreen, but now my wdtv remote app will not register the WDTV on my network, so I cannot control the device. I’m assuming that I need a real remote to accomplish this?

If the app worked before it should still work. Have you lost your remote. You can use a USB keyboard.

Yeah, lost the remote a few months back. I don’t know why it isn’t being recognized on my internal network, I have been using the remote app on my phone for months. I tried other phones with the same (and other) apps to make sure that wasn’t the issue. Would the Usb keyboard be automatically recognized, or would I run into the same issue?

Isn’t it a bit strange to have so many cascading errors like this?

If you have not tried the usb keyboard then that means that you did not set up the wifi on the player after the reset. Thats why your remote app does not work. The reset wipes out the wifi info.