Mutliple external audio and subs how to?

Ok so I have a file: example.mkv

I also have 2 SRT files example-English.srt and example-french.srt.

First question how can I name these files so that they both show up in the subtites list?

Also I have example-english.mp3 and example-english-surround.ac3

Is there a way to name these files so WDTV picks them up as available audio trakcs?

My goal here is to not have to mux (combine / convert) any of the files together.

I would assume not as the subtitle tracks have to have the same title as the movie. However you could remux them into a new mkv using mkvmerge, it should only take seconds or a few minutes.

im 90% sure there is a way to do it with subtitles but i cant remember exactly how. But the audio I have no clue on.

I think you will find that you can do it all with mkvmerge. mkv is just a container and it can contain video, subtitles and audio tracks. I have not done it myself but its very easy to give it a go.

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html

yes thank you. Ive done that before but Id was curriouse if there was a way to do it with out muxing it, thats all

random11 wrote:

My goal here is to not have to mux (combine / convert) any of the files together.

External audio does not work, nor external PGS. External srt works as long as the stem is identical. Usually one would name them like this:

example.mkv

example.en.srt

example.fr.srt

ok thank you.