Line break on .sub (MicroDVD) on HD TV Live

Hi,

I’ve got a gen 3 HD TV Live with currently latest available firmware and it seems that line break (aka pipe-character) does not seem to work on MicroDVD (sub) subtitles. Line is always shown on one line even it has the line break (pipe) mark on it.

Does it require a trick of some kind to make it work or is this just because of badly implemented sub support?

Other’s have encountered this problem as well … (i just did a quick Google Search)

Maybe try user paradox’s workaround (bottom of the page in this link)

paradox wrote:

I had the same problem with .sub files and I fixed that by simply replacing “|” character with newline character “\n”

(i don’t have any .sub but maybe if you can open them in notepad and use “find and replace”  I with \n   )

Thanks,  gotta try that one.

Even if that works, it **bleep** that one need to edit valid sub-file just because of a bad implementation :confounded:

I’ve reported this bug to WD a couple of years ago but nothing has happened.

This does not seem to work. Line following the \n is not shown at all.

JoeySmyth wrote:

Other’s have encountered this problem as well … (i just did a quick Google Search)

Maybe try user paradox’s workaround (bottom of the page in this link)

paradox wrote:

I had the same problem with .sub files and I fixed that by simply replacing “|” character with newline character “\n”

(i don’t have any .sub but maybe if you can open them in notepad and use “find and replace”  I with \n   )