Just got my WD live tv and having wireless network problems

When I first connected it, it walked me through setup and connected to my wireless, no problem. I even updated the firmware. Today when i used it, it wont connect. I reset my modem, but cant figure out whats going on. Any advice?

Yes, find the complete user guide for you new player and go though it, because it will answer many of your questions.

i can see why you are a “respected contributor”

I ended up just using my wired connection. Im not sure what happened with the wireless after that first use.

Do you have an old player where you have to use a WiFi adaptor or the newer one with inbuilt WiFi.
When you attempt to set up wireless what do you see,
Have you tried resetting the player to factory defaults.

tings00 wrote:

When I first connected it, it walked me through setup and connected to my wireless, no problem. I even updated the firmware. Today when i used it, it wont connect. I reset my modem, but cant figure out whats going on. Any advice?

I gave you some elementary basic advice based upon your brief description of your issue, because it was apparent you did not dig very deeply into the user manual.  If you want detailed assistance, you need to supply more info than you did. 

Your problem could be caused by many factors, and by checking a few things yourself per the manual, you might have found the problem.

Also, resetting the modem may not do as much good as rebooting the router, (Did you do this?) because it is the router which controls some of this – the modem just brings in the internet signal to the home network (i.e. to router) and has nothing to do with the home network and wireless working properly (other than you have a good internet signal or you don’t).

tings00 wrote:

Yeah, “Captain Obvious” was too much in the face for new members who can’t be bothered to read the manual before signing on.

Techflaws wrote:

tings00 wrote:

Yeah, “Captain Obvious” was too much in the face for new members who can’t be bothered to read the manual before signing on.

@Techflaws

LOL, I like how you put this, although instead of referring to me as “Captain Obvious” you may refer to me as “Captain RTFM”.  I won’t mind.   :wink:

Sounds better. Apparently it’s not obvious to everyone that manuals should be read first.