Frustrating issues - have to reset because ff/rw etc does does not respond

hi help please, 

the issue still persists.  the original thread went nowhere… 

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Live-Plus/WDTV-Live-requires-constant-reset-frustrating/td-p/580740

kind request to help with technical response.

-------   WDTV Live - requires constant reset - frustrating

Options

‎07-28-2013 02:20 PM

hi

I got the WD TV live from best buy and I am running the latest 16 firmwar that got upgraded a few days back.

the problem is that the device hand each time I try to play a any file - I have stuff converted from DVD or Youtubes - kids stuff - and I have do a full reset each time in order to get it to play.

after a full reset  (all everything reset) - it will play a file one time - and then get will not play anything else. IT shows the menu - but on clicking a file - it shows the “loading arrow” and doesn do anything. a full reset is now required for anything to work.

Also - when playing a movie - after about 2-3 mins of playing - all controls stop working - and any action - like menu etc - works, but the movie is plating the back - and it does it not work anymore.

everything second action require a full reset.

the disks are both local USB and Network NAS shares. the issue is bugging the **bleep** out me and my kids… tried all sort of debug/ reset  - the only thing remaining is to try and throw the device against a wall and see what happens.

any help.

I have also returned the device once and replace with new device and same issue.

PLEASE HELP…

thx

I participated in your original thread.  You really should have just added these comments to that thread and not start another.  That would have brought the original thread to the forefront again.

Anyway, did you ever confirm to us you have the older WD Live /Plus or the newest WD Live streaming (SMP)?  This is the forum for the older players.

Other questions:

Where are the drives with the media located?  Connected to the WD, or elsewhere on the network?

If elsewhere, how are you accessing the files – media server or network shares?

Are you accessing them via wired or wireless connection?

What file format are these videos, and did you create them yourself? If so, what program did you use?

Because you exchanged the player and you still have the same problem, it is apparently due to something you are doing/not doing that is the cause of the problems.

Anyway, did you ever confirm to us you have the older WD Live /Plus or the newest WD Live streaming (SMP)?  This is the forum for the older players.

I have the wdtv plus and wdtv live - accessing network shares (windows share - is what I pick from the menu)

Other questions:

Where are the drives with the media located?  Connected to the WD, or elsewhere on the network?

I have tried  a loca USB drive with the media AND have tried with Windows Network Share - same issue.

If elsewhere, how are you accessing the files – media server or network shares?

Windows Network Share

Are you accessing them via wired or wireless connection?

I have the same problem on ethernet AND N-Wireless

What file format are these videos, and did you create them yourself? If so, what program did you use?

downloaded, created using handbrake OR DVDFlick, camera AVI, Camera 1080p stuff… all same issue 

Because you exchanged the player and you still have the same problem, it is apparently due to something you are doing/not doing that is the cause of the problems.

thank you. so what is that ? all the equipment is mostly vannial setup from the vendor. no speical configuration. I can’t imagine - that i am the only with the issue

How new or old are your players?  Have they ever worked right?  You say you returned one to Best Buy, so how long ago?

I have a Live Plus – it is getting to be a three yr/old model and it has worked fine.

THere are two models called WDTV Live;  an OLD one, and the newest one nicknamed the SMP (which stands for Streaming Media Player).  Is this the one you also have?

What firmware version is your box running?

I wanted to start a new thread, but I found this one so hope no-one minds me jumping on board as well.

I have exactly the same issue having to restart my WD TV Live (fm v1.16.13) after every video played.

This is my current setup.

Buffalo Bipac 7800 DX router (Upnp off)

QNAP 212 NAS using Twonkymedia v7.0.9

WD TV Live  v1.16.13

I have tried the following.

Rolled back WD firmware to various different versions, in fact almost back to the beginning, but still no change

Hard reset to WD live

Upgraded Twonkymedia to latest version on QNAP (downgraded back to previous version)

Removed and reinstalled Twonkymedia on QNAP

Restarted QNAP

Rebuilt .db on QNAP

It’s worth noting I have had this working once when first purchased. It stopped working properly when I upgraded the firmware.

I’m quite a tech savvy guy so I can pretty much try anything technical on this box if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks for any help.

It’s worth noting that this is the only device on my network that has issues. I’m able to stream to my wireless TV, Mac, Windows Laptop and iPhone without any issues at all.

Hmmm, it appears all fingers are pointing at the firmware.  Well, (fortunately) I have a Live Plus and not the SMP, so I don’t have the problems that are recently popping up with the SMP after firmware upgrade.

BTW, this forum is for the two older WDTV players and not the newer SMP.  Which one do you have?

KingT76 wrote:

I wanted to start a new thread, but I found this one so hope no-one minds me jumping on board as well.

I have exactly the same issue having to restart my WD TV Live (fm v1.16.13) after every video played.

This is my current setup.

Buffalo Bipac 7800 DX router (Upnp off)

QNAP 212 NAS using Twonkymedia v7.0.9

WD TV Live  v1.16.13

I have tried the following.

Rolled back WD firmware to various different versions, in fact almost back to the beginning, but still no change

Hard reset to WD live

Upgraded Twonkymedia to latest version on QNAP (downgraded back to previous version)

Removed and reinstalled Twonkymedia on QNAP

Restarted QNAP

Rebuilt .db on QNAP

It’s worth noting I have had this working once when first purchased. It stopped working properly when I upgraded the firmware.

I’m quite a tech savvy guy so I can pretty much try anything technical on this box if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks for any help.

It’s worth noting that this is the only device on my network that has issues. I’m able to stream to my wireless TV, Mac, Windows Laptop and iPhone without any issues at all.

If you have firmware 1.16.13 when you have a live streaming player gen3. This forum is for the original live and live plus.

You should post on the forum below. Note the picture at the top which shows the player.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/bd-p/streaming_discussions