WDTV Live with thumbdrive problem

Hi,

I just upgraded from my WDTV to a WDTV Live and still getting used to it. The most common thing I use it for, is playing temporary video files. I transfer files to a thumbdrive and plug them into the WDTV Live and play them. Then I unplug it, and erase the files, and put new videos on the drive. This worked fine for the first files I had on the thumbdrive, but after I erased them on my computer and put some new ones on it, when I plugged it back into the WDTV Live they would not play. I would get the spinning arrow (waiting?) icon that would just keep spinning. I thought possibly it was the files that the WDTV Live Placed on the drive or that the drive needed to be reformatted. So I reformatted and placed my video files back on there and when I plugged it into the WDTV Live again, it showed the new video files, and the old video files which were no longer on the drive. And when I try to play the new video files it just gives me the waiting spinning arrow icon. When I go into the WDTV Live file system and delete the files that are no longer on the thumbdrive, it tells me it can not erase them. If I try to erase the new files that I know are on there, it deletes them just fine. I hate to have to plug my old WDTV in to watch the video files, but I cannot find a way to fix this problem.

Thank you for any help on this matter.

RANS0M

Ok,

I found a way around it, I had to actually unplug the unit and boot it back up. Seems a lot of trouble to change out a thumbdrive to watch some video files.

Are you remembering to EJECT the drive before you remove it?

No,

I looked for an eject and did not see it. I used it today, and it seemed to work great, I will see if I can locate the eject button before changing media!

Thanks for the reply.

It’s on the remote; lower rightmost button.