WDTV Live causing loud POPPING Noises in the audio....A POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Last night I watched a 2 hour movie using my WDTV Live connected to MY BOOK Hard Drive.  About an hour into the movie, I heard loud POPPING coming through the speakers, almost blowing my speakers and sub-woofer.  Today, I read on the internet that a lot of users are experiencing this problem with the Live and Live Plus devices.  I looked for a cause and narrowed the problem down to the WDTV device…it was getting HOT while processing the movie.  I noticed it did not matter which format the movie was, the unit just got HOT!  This apparently caused the POPPING noises.  I believe I have found a solution. This evening, I TURNED THE UNIT UPSIDE DOWN…THE VENT HOLES ARE NOW ON TOP SO HOT AIR CAN ESCAPE FROM THE UNIT.   I watched two (2) two hour movies, one right after the other.  NO POPPING NOISES WHAT-SO-EVER!!!  And, the device feels cooler than usual.    I think Western Digital should modify the case for this device, putting the air vents ON TOP.  I do not think the consumer will object to this aesthetic modification…it is a practical solution and, so far, after monitoring the unit for 6 hours this evening with NO POPPING, I think will resolve this heat problem.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/My-SMP-works-better-upside-down/m-p/632883/highlight/true#M25107