WDTV Live Media Player - Audio loss playing any Video files

Hi There

I have an issue with my WDTV media Player.Audio cut off all of a sudden I used it for 5 months and it worked fine.I tried swapping new HDMI cables and then went to the local store and replaced another one and when I came home and Plugged it again.The same issue of audio loss is there.Any suggestions.

Will an upgrade of the firmware solve this problem.

Does anyone know if there is a new firmware for this audio loss issue?

thanks

sofishan

OK, you say it worked quite a while and then stopped working correctly.  Well.,maybe a setting in the audio settings got changed in the WD Live.  Check that.  If you see nothing worng, then turn it off AND unplug it from the power for 10 seconds or so. Turn it back on, and if the problem is fixed, great.  If it isn’t, then reset it using the reset button and paperclip as described in the manual (you did download the complete user manual didn’t you?)  Hold the button briefly; basically when you hear it click release it; lasts about one second.  Do not hold it in longer than that.

When it reboots ,is the problem fixed?  You will need to make any settings changes you previously had made, as it is back at the default settings now.

If after this and a thorough check of the unit you had the HDMI cable plugged into and the problem persists, call WD customer support. 

Hi Mike

Thanks for your prompt reply.I really appreciate it…but when i called Customer support yesterday they asked me to get a replacement and today I got a new one and its the same issue.I update to the latest firmware but no change at all…Is there a fix being developed for thismodel at some stage?What could have happened?

Please advise me as you said"setting in the audio settings got changed in the WD Live.  Check that."where do I check this setting?

thanks heaps

shan

Hi Mike

I tried switching off and power on after 10 secs but there was no diffrence…When i connect the composite video chords they work fine and I get audio and video…but when i switch on to HDMI  the screen turns pink and resulting in audio loss.tried hardware reset as well and no difference

ta

shan

sofishan:

I am not sure what model player you have, as you did not specify your model.  I am assuming you have the Live Plus, but you now say you got a replacment unit and the Plus model has been out of production since the fall and is replaced by the Live Streaming.  Then, there is the Live HUB that has been around a while and is still available.  So, what is it?

The model may not affect what I am about to tell you, except they all have different looking on-screen user menus, but likely are generic in this case.  Anyway, you asked “where do I check this setting?”.

Since you got a new unit, and it should have been at the default settings, it should have all worked if the first unit was messed up in any way.  Nevertheless, this is how to do this on a Live Plus, and similar for other models I presume:

On the main on-screen menu select Settings

Select Audio/Video

Be sure Video Output is set to HDMI(Auto)

Be sure Audio Output is set to Stereo if you use 2 or 4 speakers, See manual for reasons to select other two iptions.

At this point, I will ask:  have you plugged any other device with HDMI output into your TV’s HDMI input, or tried plugging the WD player HDMI cable into a different HDMI input of your TV?  It’s starting to seem like the problem could be with your TV, so check out the TV’s HDMI input(s).

I had this same issue…I then realized that I had a certain file that was causing all the issue.  I would go to play it, the video and sound would play for a second and then sound would go away and all my videos wouldn’t play anymore

hi Mike

You are the man it was the TV’s HDMI port which was faulty and since I had a Extended warranty.The LIveplus is a beauty to be honest.I was struggling creating a new username and passowrd and it tells me old password dont match.Is there anyway I can find out my old password or do a reset?

Thanks a ton Mike

sofishan:wink:

sofishan wrote:

hi Mike

You are the man it was the TV’s HDMI port which was faulty and since I had a Extended warranty.The LIveplus is a beauty to be honest.I was struggling creating a new username and passowrd and it tells me old password dont match.Is there anyway I can find out my old password or do a reset?

Thanks a ton Mike

sofishan:wink:

The best way I found to eliminate password issues is to eliminate the need for passwords.  So, (in Win7) set up in control panel/networking, advanced sharing option  to not require a password for sharing, and set up the WD to auto log on when accessing network shares.  This works for me.

I take it you did get your HDMI issue cleared up?