WDLive Plus and WDLIVE not compiling media library

Hi.

I have a MyBook Live 3T connected to a Cisco E4200 with no internet connection on my home network.  On the network I have a WD Live Streaming player, a WDLive Plus, and a WDLive all sharing the MyBook through the network.  All the devices are running the latest firmwares.  The Streaming player was able to compile the media library with no problems, but both Lives do not even blink  to try to complie the media library through network shares or media server.  I can browse and play the content on the MBL just fine on all three players.  I also have the same problem as post: 

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Networking/File-listing-under-network-share/td-p/312624

where jpeg images show before the movie files. In media server option there are no thumbnails displayed just the movie icons.

I have read that having multiple players sharing the same network share can cause problems with the media library, but I do not know if this is my case, as the Lives do not attempt to compile it.  I should say that originally all the get info content was done by the WD Live Hub, where jpegs were replaced by metathumbs.  I did erased the WDTV folder that the Live Hub created before connecting the players to the MBL.  The Streaming player created a new one.  I have already reset to factory settings, rebooted, and turned off and on the media library on both Lives.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robertdu,

The Live Plus and Live (2009) do not have that capability.

The Live and Live Plus can only compile (and use) a library for local storage… they do not compile it (or have its features) for Network Shares.

Which leads to the second problem, of the jpegs showing up in the file list.  The easiest work-around for that is to turn the thumbnails into hidden files.  They will still show as thumbnails, but will not show up in the list.

Something like “Bulk Rename Utility” can easily add a period “.” to the start of the jpeg name to turn it into a hidden file, for a whole whack of files at once.

e.g.

1962 - Dr. No.jpg

becomes

.1962 - Dr. No.jpg

and will no longer show up

Thanks Tony and RoofingGuy. 

Oh bummer.  Looks like an upgrade to two Streaming Players is in my future.  But before that: Can 3 Streaming players share the MBL over the network and all 3 give me media library option/functionality?

In the meantime I will rename the jpegs to de-clutter the folder view for the Lives.  I am assuming the Streaming Player’s media library will not be affected by this?

Thanks.

But before that: Can 3 Streaming players share the MBL over the network and all 3 give me media library option/functionality?

At the minute, no, as far as I understand it.  I don’t have a SMP, but I see posts in the Streaming Player section that there are issues with the library getting corrupted by being accessed by 2 devices at once.

One user suggested a possible work-around, but I don’t know if anyone has tried it yet.  The suggestion is to create dummy folders, one for each device, so that the library gets written separately for each device… but have the dummy folders all point to the same content.

Thanks RoofinGuy.

I will stay as is until WD resolves the issue of having multiple players.  My guess is that a lot of people will end up having more than player and sharing the same network share.  I already have 3!! jeje