WD TV Without Wifi network

Can I watch stuff from my WD TV Live hub through HDMI cable only like other Multimedia players ???

I have all my stuff transferred successfully and can watch it through the network on my TV & is set up fine on my Mac and so on but as I often used to bring my old box away on holidays as it’s great for kids going on holidays where TV stations in hotels are awful, the kids can relax & watch one of their own movies before bedtime etc as could I.

I apologise if this has been asked and answered before but I’ve been on here for days trying to find a solution

Sure!

Anything further ??? Any hints ??? 

I am not sure what you are asking here.

Do you have a live hub? 

if you have a WDTV Live Hub - it has a 1 TB hard drive.  so if you xfer your video files over to it’s internal hard drive, then it becomes portable, and you can watch content from it’s hard drive by simply connecting a HDMI cable to the tv, and selecting it’s input as the source. -  you will need a network connection to stream netflix or another service obviously.

if you have a Live &Live plus (its the forum group you posted under)  it’s the same idea, but you would need to bring an external hard drive with your content on it.

it gets more complicated if you bring your Mac, and try to connect to it wirelessly. 

could you clarify your question? 

thanks

d

Eoghan74 wrote:

Anything further ??? Any hints ??? 

Well, I don’t see anything other than your original question:  Can you watch the Live via HDMI with nothing else required?  And the answer is Yes.

You say you have a HUB (in which case you’re actually in the wrong forum.   The Hub has an internal drive.   None of the products in this forum have a built-in hard disk)

So all you need to do is store the media on the internal drive, and then you can play it wherever you take it.

Eoghan74 wrote:

Can I watch stuff from my WD TV Live hub through HDMI cable only like other Multimedia players ???

Yes you can watch stuff from your WDTV Live hub through HDMI cable. What hints / tips do you want. You connect the hdmi cable to your hub and to the TV and then you watch the ‘stuff’ on your hub disk.